PDA

View Full Version : Printing Setup Query

djhutton
06-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi All

Apologies for putting in a second post with queries but I'm getting a bit stuck and I'm guessing someone else had had similar problems.

I have been trying to setup printer to get correct colours and have been getting some problems getting the correct colours to print.

I have a Epson B1100 with the supplied profile installed, using artainium inks. Printing from Coreldraw 9. I've been using Corel for a few years with no problems outputting to paper prints. It didn't have the same setup as suggested on the artanium cd supplied, but they have talked me through the correct settings so should be ok.

The problem I'm getting is that some artwork is pretty well as I see it on the screen but others come out way too dark. I'm using a mixture of customer supplied photo's, jpegs, corel vector artwork. Some is set up as RGB, some is set up as CMYK. So I'm thinking - do I need to convert everything to bitmaps and make it CMYK or RGB? could this been the problem? Some RGB stuff works fine, some CMYK stuff works fine but others are way too dark. It all looks fine on screen of course and prints out as expected on the colour laser. Greys are coming out pinky /purple, greens are very dark. Nozzle check shows good.

I'm printing onto mugs (although I'm getting a bit short of them now! :D ) using trupix paper from BMS.

Any advice would be welcome as I'm beginning to lose the plot with this and running out of mugs fast (fortunately the helpful Martin is just down the road, so I can get more supplies)

Cheers

Dave

djhutton
07-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Now sorted thanks, seems my nice new mug press was running about 25 degrees hotter than the display said it was. So now we know where we are and mugs, water bottles and thermals are flowing off the press nicely.

Good advice from Sawgrass - buy a roll of 100% polyester fabric to run samples for colour, rather than 'experimenting' with actual mugs, that worked a treat. I'm using unprinted white swimwear fabric, interesting that our fabric suppliers use dyesub to print swimwear fabric up to 54" wide!

Good advice from the long suffering Martin at BMS - use up 'wasted' mugs to try small colour samples (fortunately he has a good stock of mugs (and other goodies) if I run out) spot on suggestions re printing the metal stuff which worked a treat.

So if you haven't got one, get a lazer temerature reader and see what temp you are running at. My big flat press is 5 degress hotter than reading, my small one is 10 degrees below so the guages are obviously not that accurate!

Cheers

Dave