PDA

View Full Version : Question for Martin @ bms

swimwivsquid
07-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Martin I have just pressed one of the glass clocks that I purchased from you a few months ago...no problem, nice image,clock works fine etc however I am trying to work out the origami puzzle that is the box for it. The main part I have sorted but the insert has me totally baffled. Have you got a pic of how it should be that would give my peanut brain a clue :?
Cheers Richard

bms
07-12-2010, 09:14 PM
origami puzzle
Nice one :)

You put the left hand piece over the right, fold the bottom over the top and then wave a magic wand over the top and hope it fits in the box!

Now, I'll try and explain what it should look like - the end result is raised areas on the left and right with a gully in the centre. The gully has a folding top and bottom which forms a "box" where the mechanism would be held, but if you don't fully close the "box" hopefully the back of the clock mechanism will sit in the gully. Can't promise to be able to take a photo as it's a tad busy at the moment - but hey, we'd all like to see your attempt :lol:

swimwivsquid
08-12-2010, 12:36 AM
but hey, we'd all like to see your attempt :lol:

Ok is this anything close

bms
08-12-2010, 07:36 AM
That's about right. Just the centre bit may need to be open rather than closed to accomodate the back of the clock mechanism for presentation.

NASH
08-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Thats GREAT i always wondered what that additional piece of cardboard was