PDA

View Full Version : Round Coasters needed

JSR
13-12-2010, 03:24 PM
I need a handful of Round wooden coasters.

I've checked out BMS but their website only shows square ones. Transfer Press's website says out of stock. Listawood's website still throws up security errors.

You guys are just about my last hope.

Does anyone have any?

Thanks.

AdamB
13-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Not sure if this helps?

Home to gifts: http://thetransferpress.co.uk/acatalog/coasters.html

Merlin Transfers: http://www.merlintransfers.com/merlin/H ... ub%29.html (http://www.merlintransfers.com/merlin/Home/Products/Blank_Printables/Tableware/Table_Mats_and_Coasters_%28dye_sub%29.html)

Andrew
14-12-2010, 03:27 PM
I have plenty of the round 9cm unisub ones. If you need any let me know.
You can have them for whatever the standard cost is from the main suppliers. POstage would depend on your postcode and quantity.

Cheers,

Andrew

JSR
14-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks guys. I think I've managed to convince the customer to mix their order and take square ones for the shortfall.

Next panic is baize-backed ones that I've been waiting for from BMS for over a week. The cork ones took two weeks to arrive and now I'm about out of them again. Waiting for glass ones from Transfer Press that were ordered on Thursday, too. My coaster shelf looks like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard now.

I seem to have sold more coasters over the last two weeks than in the last six months. Crazy times.

(Just wish I'd sold an equal quantity of mugs to go with them... :lol: :lol: )

TransferGraeme
14-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear your glass coasters haven't arrived - if you give me a call in the morning we'll get them tracked for you - we have been made aware that a couple of Fed-Ex depots have been really struggling but if we give them a rocket about specific consignments they do seem to be able to find them in their "huge backlog" and get them out pretty quickly!

bms
14-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Fed-Ex depots have been really struggling

It's not just FedEx :( At least we can now send things up to Scotland (for a few days anyway!)

JSR
14-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Sorry to hear your glass coasters haven't arrived - if you give me a call in the morning we'll get them tracked for you - we have been made aware that a couple of Fed-Ex depots have been really struggling but if we give them a rocket about specific consignments they do seem to be able to find them in their "huge backlog" and get them out pretty quickly!
Thanks, Graeme. We don't have an order number or anything. My colleague ordered over the phone on Thursday and said she spoke to a very nice person who said the coasters would be despatched that day.

I've tried to get the customer to take round glass coasters (I have just enough of them) but they said they'd prefer to wait. Starting to run out of time now, though.

Not half as much as for the baize-coasters, though, that are a week late (typical Royal Mail right now!). It's my own fault, though, because I did ask BMS if I could order a roll of the baize backing about a year ago but I didn't follow it up.

If you suppliers could sell the green baize backing and cork backing as separate stick-ons, it'd make it a whole lot easier for us to sell the coasters because we'd only have to stock plain-backed ones and then use the stick-ons as and when required.

bms
15-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Not half as much as for the baize-coasters, though, that are a week late (typical Royal Mail right now!). It's my own fault, though, because I did ask BMS if I could order a roll of the baize backing about a year ago but I didn't follow it up.

Think we still have that in stock!

In the New Year we may well have these as separate items to buy. Watch this space...

JSR
15-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Think we still have that in stock!

In the New Year we may well have these as separate items to buy. Watch this space...
That would be very helpful given that I'm *still* waiting for the baize coasters to arrive.

It's a bit cheeky I know, but I don't suppose there's any chance you could pop half a dozen of these sticky-baize backs in an envelope for me so I can get this order done? They'll probably arrive quicker than the coasters (because we're getting letters, just very little in the way of parcels).

I have enough plain coasters for the moment, just not the baize-backed ones. If it's possible - thanks. If it's not possible - well, thanks anyway. ;) :D

bms
15-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I can try to remember tomorrow as I'm away from the office at the moment. Any chace you can send us an email to remind me with your postcode so we can locate your account quickly?

JSR
15-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I can try to remember tomorrow as I'm away from the office at the moment. Any chace you can send us an email to remind me with your postcode so we can locate your account quickly?
Email with address sent. Thanks Martin.

(Now of course, the coasters will turn up tomorrow! :lol: My luck's been like that this month.)

JSR
17-12-2010, 11:10 AM
The coasters finally arrived.

Perhaps you could find out who is the idiot who thinks it's a good idea to stick "made in china" stickers on top of the coasters? They're twisted so you can't read them anyway, they cause one coaster to stick to the next, they need removing before pressing, and they leave an almost-impossible to clean gluey-gunk when you take them off - which requires several minutes of vigorous scrubbing before I can press them.

Only someone who's several sandwiches short of a picnic would think it's a good idea to stick "made in china" labels on them. What's the point? :evil:

That said, they press as good as the ones I used to get from Listawood (which is much better than the 6" ones and the similar A4 placemats that are doing the rounds), so I expect to buy more in the future.