PDA

View Full Version : Adding new sections to the forum for wide format

Justin
02-09-2018, 10:09 PM
As I move more into large format work, car vinyl etc. I find myself looking for basic information and help on other forums. Unfortunately I struggle to find the information I need and wonder if I should introduce more wide format discussions here?

I don't want to dilute the sublimation content on here and appreciate we do have 'other' sections anyway.

I guess what I'm asking is do we currently have members that also do wide format work that would find this section useful?

Paul
02-09-2018, 10:43 PM
well over due justin :)
Very good idea!

webtrekker
03-09-2018, 12:10 AM
I don't do any wide format work Justin, but I read posts about all kinds of things in here that I also don't do, but like to keep up with the latest tech and ideas.

pisquee
03-09-2018, 12:54 AM
Definitely
Although, are you thinking of one WF section, or breaking it down into subsections, ie wide format sublimation, wide format vinyl, wide format heat press etc? - are you then just going to end up duplicating a lot of the existing sections, but then I guess the content will be more relevant/focussed.

Justin
03-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Io be honest I'm thinking non sublimation related. Vehicle graphics, sign work etc.

happy to have section for WF sublimation but think this may be better as a sub forum?

Quinsfan
03-09-2018, 02:48 PM
I do more signage work now than Sublimation only ever use the Sublimation for give always with the signage jobs I do and maybe the odd photo gift for someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pw66
04-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Good idea. Most of us have a vinyl cutter, and a good percentage have a solvent printer so it makes sense to add something relevant.
The skills and equipment are largely interchangable, and plenty of sign shops and stationary printers are offering some form of sublimation - even if it is only garments or mugs - so we need to be able to compete with them where needed.

Justin
04-09-2018, 11:51 AM
I've started adding these, any feedback please let me know. I'll get posting a few daft questions to get us started ;-)

Brant
04-09-2018, 11:44 PM
Really not interested in wide format, though wouldn't object to it being included if others were.

Mikejohno1
07-09-2018, 12:04 PM
I’m always interested in reading up on here about other methods of printing even if I don’t practice it myself...big thumbs up from me [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk