PDA

View Full Version : Running embroidery machines of different makes.

Earl Smith
11-10-2018, 10:36 AM
This was asked a while ago but I cannot find the original post.
At the time of the post I had only just received my new machine, a 4 head Tajima. This now runs along side my Barudan machines.
I think the post was asking how easy it was to run the two makes together. Well, after a few months with these two makes I can say it not difficult at all. Both machines need different input, the Barudan uses .U?? and the Tajima .dst. Non of my machines are connected to the computer by cable as they are too far from the computer. All datai is transfered by USB and I have a USB for each make of machine.
The only annoyance is that when I need a job doing and the other machine is free, I have to go back to the computer and convert the datai.
The Bobbins and bobbin cases will fit both makes and when I need to renew the bobbin driver/holder ( sorry I dont know the proper name for this) I can order from either supplier as they are the same.
My conclusion ; dont worry, running different makes side by side is not a problem.

Stitch Up
31-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Good morning Earl, hope you're keeping busy :)

Are you aware there is a USB memory stick with WiFi built in? This would enable you to send your embroidery files from your PC over WiFi to the USB memory stick.

SANDISK is one brand:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dlighting&field-keywords=sandisk+wireless+memory+usb

John

Earl Smith
31-10-2018, 11:27 AM
No I did not know that, thanks for the tip. Time for a trip to Saturn or MediaMarkt to get my hands on one.
https://www.saturn.de/mcs/marketinfo/_Saturn-M%C3%BCnster-in-den-Arkaden,50862,-3.html?rbtc=gop%7Ctxl%7CSATURN%20M%C3%BCnster%20SA TDE223%20%7C%7Cb%7C%7C
Yep, keeping busy, hope you are too.

Earl Smith
31-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Forgot to ask. Can I send the data from Wilcom Es4?

Stitch Up
31-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Forgot to ask. Can I send the data from Wilcom Es4?

I can't answer that Earl - I have ES3 and my Tajima has a 'retro-fit' USB drive in place of the floppy, The wireless solution won't work with this old USB retro-fit :(

BTW what would you charge for a 32,000 left breast - it is large and I have no clue on pricing!!

Earl Smith
31-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Im waiting for my retro fit USB too. The supplier was in China and picked one up for me and is yet to fit it. Still using the floppies, which amuses the people in the computer shop next door.
I spoke with them about it. (Computer shop) and they said the USB will only work if my Tajima can see the Wiifi USB. As Im pretty thick when talking computers I will wait til the USB converter gets here then see if it works.

A 32,000 left breast is a hell of a size. Most of my breast size logos are max 10,000 which I charge between 7€ and 10€. 32,000 I would charge a minimum of 15€ to 20€ as its 45 mins in the machine. 50p per 1,000 stitches would be my guide for you. More if the customer can pay it. Golf or tennis club for example.