PDA

View Full Version : Latex machine woes

Justin
31-10-2018, 12:39 PM
So we starting leasing a new Latex Print and Cut setup in back in July. Suppliers wanted £1000's to ship and install, yes I do mean that much. They agreed for us to ship and install ourselves but warranty would be void. Worth taking the risk to save those £1000's!

We had the machines collected and shipped to Shetland quickly and safely. All switched on, printer was DOA :-( Very long story short we had to pay £500 for an engineer to fly up, spend 5 minutes on the machine and get it up and running. We agreed that the warranty could be reinstated once he had checked the machine over, great news.

So, after just a few months we've had nothing but issues. Firstly, we were promised this machine would do certain things and it doesn't. Very limited on the media you can use unless you want to pay HP prices, profiles just not available and very expensive to create.

We've had the odd error here and there which seem to have got more regular so started to log them. Now, just 3 months in we find that an engineer has to come back up and replace a motor and the main-board! On a nearly new machine :-( So the quote to get him here is already over £1k with parts. Supplier telling me warranty is void and they know nothing about the reinstatement!!

I'm speaking to supplier and lease company to see if we can arrange a friendly way to end the agreement but no-one's interested at the moment.

Just posting this as I think I might well blow a gasket, this was the last thing we needed right now. OK, vented, feel a little better at least.

socialgiraffe
31-10-2018, 12:44 PM
I assume you have some sort of confirmation that the warranty has been reinstated?

If not, you might be able to get a full refund for a return of the machine as it is not fit for purpose.

If not, happy to go to a sign show with you are create a "scene" :-)

I did it with Roland and won, so pretty sure I can do it for you ;-)

Justin
31-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Oh believe me, I can create a scene and it'll be no Nativity! Haha. I'm tempted to pop a stamp on it and ship it back, they'll have to collect from the Post Office and pay a small charge though ;-)

I'm not mentioning what actual model this, nor am I mentioning the suppliers name, only fair I give them chance to sort this.

We said the same, not fit for purpose. It was also mis-sold by the initial contact at suppliers who has since left. So many broken promises along the way until you've bought it and then all of a sudden you don't hear from anyone, funny that.

logobear
31-10-2018, 01:58 PM
I respect you giving supplier time, but if you don't get results, think you should name & shame, and if you do, then name & praise !

Justin
31-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Couldn't agree more....just awaiting a couple of calls ;-)

Justin
18-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Just wanting to update this. We finally got the machine fixed and the fault was incredibly minor! The initial faults weren't what the engineer thought. The issues we've had have been getting engineers to site as we have to pay for travel etc.

Machine is now 100% working and it's absolutely cracking. Little bit gutted though as we have to get rid of it due to a re-structure, so I'll be popping a little ad up soon :-(