PDA

View Full Version : Small laptop/ideapad for designing

Mikejohno1
19-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Afternoon everyone,

I’m looking at a new laptop/ideapad type machine that will run photoshop, illustrator, etc.
Seems the perfect time now in the Black Friday sales.
With work, I’m around the country quite a bit and have lots of spare time so it would be good to be able to get my ‘small’ laptop out and just have a doodle.
My laptop at home is great for use around the house but I don’t want to have it in my bag everywhere I go.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pw66
19-11-2018, 08:10 PM
The deals in Currys seem to be evolving as the week goes on - there are better spec machines today than where on offer a few days ago. There is still nothing massively cheap with 8gb ram and i7. Plenty of 1tb, but still no cheap ssd.
I'm looking for a new laptop, but I'm waiting until Friday. If nothing leaps out I will wait until boxing day.

mrs maggot
20-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Just make sure you have a cloud or other method of backing up, and never keep everything on it. Laptops can be stolen, so a usb is great, but never if it is kept in the same bag as the laptop.

pisquee
20-11-2018, 10:57 PM
Have a look at https://mcscom.co.uk/ for potential cheap Windows tablets and laptops - they usually do black friday offers, but can be very well priced year round