PDA

View Full Version : Ink splatter when using black's

busybusybee
29-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Hiya everyone, had a few small issue's which BMS have been great helping out with!

However ive hit another one. If i print a photo for a mug and it has a black/dark edge i get splatter's of ink on the edge's. They don't look bad when on paper but when cooked looked really bad. Same with plain black text.

Only way ive got around this is to blur the edge's of the image's to be printed but still have the problem with black/dark coloured text.

It's only 3 month's old and it's done some work but nothing major. Cheer's in advance.

Oh and ive tried head clean's several time's and tried printing in different mode's i.e photo , fine etc.

Cheer's, any help is appreciated.

NASH
29-12-2010, 12:01 PM
in the past i`ve sprayed window cleaner on heavy weight photo paper and printed a full page of text.

It works for me, on my D88

busybusybee
29-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Might try it, just want to know if it'll affect the warranty. Have seen a few post's on the internet where people have said the same thing.

NASH
29-12-2010, 12:59 PM
if it`s under waranty why not talk to the manufacturer, they may give you another tip

busybusybee
13-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Well have gotten somewhere with a big thankyou to BMS, there sending me a new ciss cart and tube assembly, hopefully this should cure the problem. Im sure it will but i know that in the future if there's ever a problem i need not worry!

If BMS see this though, what do you think to the window cleaner/photo paper idea??

bms
13-01-2011, 07:24 PM
If BMS see this though, what do you think to the window cleaner/photo paper idea??

As a last resort, but there are plenty of other things to try before this...

JSR
13-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Well have gotten somewhere with a big thankyou to BMS, there sending me a new ciss cart and tube assembly, hopefully this should cure the problem. Im sure it will but i know that in the future if there's ever a problem i need not worry!

I think that probably will cure your problem. I had it with my Epson 1400 using a CISS - it's 3 years old, so I figured it was long in the tooth and bought a new one. The new one was fine for a while, but then started doing the same thing. Couldn't figure it out.

Then I put in a new set of refillable cartridges and - problem solved! So I don't know exactly what is causing it (maybe there's air in the wrong place or something - odd that it only affects the black), but I'm sure changing your CISS has a good chance of working.

Let us know if the new CISS solves it.