PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to VBulletin!

Justin
29-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Welcome! Well, I think we're here at last.

VBulletin gives us massive scope for future growth and far more control over every aspect of the forum.

I know there are a few issues still to resolve but I had to go live to start to address everything. Please check this list before emailing as I'll be constantly updating. Here's the ones I know about...so far....

Smilies - Yes Paul, I'll get those sorted asap for you! edit:Basic Smilies now in place.

Avatars - You may need to attach this to your profile again, I'll get them all uploaded from the last forum.
All previous avatars used by members can now be used again, go to Forum Actions.....General Settings...My Profile...Avatar. You can either use your old avatar from this gallery or upload another.

Email Notification - Please check your profile and update as necessary, by default you'll not get email notification of responses.
New members - You will automatically be subscribed.
Please check all your options in Forum Actions.....General Settings.

Attachments - Working on getting these back as we speak. edit: Should all be in place now.

PM's - I've imported all Personal Messages from the old forum but you may find your box is overflowing and needs emptying before you can send/receive new PM's. You can always download them if you don't want to lose them. edit: Just updated this so that you can store up to 250 messages.

Logo - Logo doesn't match, not critical but will be sorted! edit: Sorted for the time being :-)

Dave S
29-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Brilliant, managed to switch over, only needed to reset Password,

Thanks Justin

DaleCh
29-12-2010, 10:28 PM
BRILLIANT JOB Justin - this stuff is 'high tech' headache stuff your conquering here!!! - everyone should appreciate that & I'm sure they do!

Paul
29-12-2010, 11:00 PM
few more issues but nothing minor :)
after we all sorted with high tech stuff I would love to see diferent skins and colors etc. as now I can hardly see what posts had replys. but as I said... later on ;)

swimwivsquid
29-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Well done Justin it must have been a mammoth task to sort. Great base to work from. All the best Richard

Paul
29-12-2010, 11:26 PM
it keep login me out every time I want to post something.. is it only me??

Justin
29-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Could be a cookie issue, if it's not happening to everyone then it'll be your end. Can you clear cookies etc. and try again? I had this problem and for some reason had to reboot to cure it. Let me know as it could be an issue.

Paul
29-12-2010, 11:35 PM
I will clear cookies and let you know.

JSR
30-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Interesting change of forum software.

I'm sure I've just missed the setting, but where do I change the date format so it's not "12-22-2010"..? I'd like it to be DD-MM-YYYY as it should be.

Thanks!

Justin
30-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Will take a look tomorrow :-)

mrs maggot
30-12-2010, 12:25 PM
took a while but im in now - btw admin@dyesubforum.co.uk. needs the "." taking off after the co.uk otherwise people can't contact you from the forum

its that time of year 2 other forums i use have changed over to a diff package - must be somthing in the air

Justin
30-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Whereabouts did you get the link with the extra "."?

Justin
30-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I will clear cookies and let you know.

Any update Paul?

Paul
30-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Any update Paul?

so far so good ;)

mrs maggot
30-12-2010, 09:19 PM
the link with the extra "." is on the front page of the site, where you have put if you are having problems contact.................

Welcome to the NEW DSF VBulletin Forum! If you have any issues with the new forum, please let me know by emailing admin@dyesubforum.co.uk.

Justin
30-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Aha, I see. I hadn't realised it turned it into a direct mail link. Did you realise you can dismiss these notices when you've read them?

mrs maggot
30-12-2010, 10:27 PM
yeah, i use Vbulletin on another forum so i am pretty used to it

Justin
30-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Interesting change of forum software.

I'm sure I've just missed the setting, but where do I change the date format so it's not "12-22-2010"..? I'd like it to be DD-MM-YYYY as it should be.

Thanks!

Should be rectified now :-)

Charlie_
26-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks for a great forum Justin, being new here I've not had a problem with it.

Chharlie

Justin
27-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks Charlie, always good to hear :-)