PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Thread Breaks

Stitch Up
26-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Merry Christmas everyone :)

We're plagued by thread breaks on our Tajima Neo embroidery machine! New threads, new needles, cleaned bobbin etc.

Any hints as to the most likely causes?

Is there some sort of tool to assist in inserting needles correctly?

Thanks

Johnhttps://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5538&stc=1

Earl Smith
02-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Good morning John and a Happy new year.
I have the same problem from time to time. Doesn't matter if its the Tajima or Barudans, they both do it. It usually happens after a long run of the same job. Start at 9am and at 3pm this problem happens. Its usually resolved by either changing the needle and making sure its in straight or slightly to the right. ( anticlockwise) . Or changing the thread for a new cone.
Ive never found the reason for this though. Maybe someone else has an idea why this happens.

Stitch Up
02-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the reply Earl and of course a Happy New Year to you and yours too :)

I'm beginning to think it could be the needle plate as the underside and maybe the hole looked a bit rough. I'm going to shine it up and clear the rough edges to see if that helps. I ordered some polishing cord and some very fine emery cloth to do it.

Cheers

John

Earl Smith
02-01-2019, 11:31 AM
There is something else you might try polishing too. The Rotary Hook where the thread comes in contact as it rotates. Use some very fine emery paper and smooth it a little. I had constant thread breaks on one head and this solved the problem.

Braaaaap Graphics
27-11-2019, 06:48 AM
You might fine Emery the needle holder where you catch the thread (by the needle tighting screw ) had a few developed little bursts after a 60 70 thousand stitches and make sure upper and lower thread tension is on point

manic
29-11-2019, 12:30 PM
We get this sometimes if the plate below the needle is damaged, fine after changed.

Stitch Up
24-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Here's a typical thread break - this shortly after replacing the needle! I have polished the rotary hook with the abrasive cord too.

This happens all to frequently!!

Happy Christmas all :)

John

Earl Smith
29-12-2019, 01:13 PM
This is happening on my old Tajima 4 head and occasionally on the Barudans. Ive changed everything except the needle plate. After xmas Ill try changing these to see what happens. Maybe its the little looping guide, just above the needle that needs to be changed. Damn annoying though.