PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

ilmf44
30-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi all,

I have been reading the forum quite a lot the last few days and have read some great posts and found lots of information which has tied a number of loose ends.

I am very interested in dye sublimation, however I am really not sure which route to start off with. I have never used any kind of dye sublimation printers before so I am a complete beginner, the process is extremely interesting and looks like a great hobby. Hopefully after producing some high quality prints I will start on ebay, but before I do that I need to invest in the equipment...

The reason for this post is for advice mainly...

For starting off and being a complete novice would I be better going for the flat press or a mug press?

The printer I was looking at was the Epson B40W as its A4 and I don't want to go over this size while starting, in the future I would like to progress into a higher end A3 printer.

If there is an idiots guide please point me in the right direction!

accdave
30-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Hi all,

For starting off and being a complete novice would I be better going for the flat press or a mug press?

Have you identified the market you are aiming for ? That should give you a better idea of which press to go for

ilmf44
31-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi,

Thank you for the reply, I am looking towards creating marketing materials for small business to help with company promotion.

mrs maggot
31-12-2010, 02:50 PM
welcome to the forum, the into section is great for just that, but to get your questions answered have a good read through of all the posts and see what other people have done on their route to market, should help you, then ask questions if still not answered in the relevent section welcome laura

bms
01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. Bear in mind the Ricoh GXe3300 as a starter printer as well as the Epson. Probably the most popular product in the dye sub market are the mugs so that would be a good place to start if you're looking at just a single press (either mugs or flat items), or consider the all in one machines for all products. Rather than going off topic here - post a Q in the Dye Sublimation section and you should get plenty of advice.

Justin
01-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi there, welcome to the forum!

Justin
DSF Admin