PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl recommendations?

Justin
05-02-2019, 11:11 AM
I have a job that requires me to buy in more vinyl, mainly stickers to go onto equipment and some vehicles. I need a good quality vinyl so at least 5 year, possibly 7 year cast?

Looking for recommendations on suppliers please, ideally Metamark or Graiftyp for example.

socialgiraffe
05-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Metamark are brilliant, but a bit on the pricey side in my opinion. Their samples service is unrivaled, you get a minimum of a couple of metres, and on occasion I have been sent five metres as a sample.

Grafityp is definitely my "goto" supplier for most items concerned with my VS, Only gripe is that they use DHL who are not great in this area and their lack of tracking.

Justin
05-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Thanks Simon. I have had samples from Metamark this last year and have to agree, they've been superb. Had a couple of issues with Grafityp and I think shipping was a problem.

Quinsfan
05-02-2019, 04:14 PM
Metamark for me all the way. To be fair they are only 20mins from my front door so any last minute requirements are easily ressolved.

Justin
06-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Just got a price list from Granthams for Latex media and they included prices for vinyl. £2.30 p/m 610mm M7 coloured. This is £4.25 p/m on Metamark site. Am I missing something or do Granthams get a (much) better deal due to high buying demand?

socialgiraffe
07-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Am I missing something

Nope, Metamark have unrivalled customer service, an amazing sampling service and very nice plush offices, but that comes at a price :-)

Quinsfan
07-02-2019, 02:27 PM
That’s the price I pay £2 something. Just give them a bell and ask to speak to your account manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin
07-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Nope, Metamark have unrivalled customer service, an amazing sampling service and very nice plush offices, but that comes at a price :-)

Appreciate that but usually if you go the main supplier it's cheaper? If they can sell it to Granthams and they can sell it on to me this much cheaper I'm surprised. It's not like it's a little bit cheaper, it's a big difference.

Quinsfan
07-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Appreciate that but usually if you go the main supplier it's cheaper? If they can sell it to Granthams and they can sell it on to me this much cheaper I'm surprised. It's not like it's a little bit cheaper, it's a big difference.
Have you asked Metamark for a price break. I am a one man band ordering just a couple of meters at a time and not even on a weekly basis but I can get M7 610 colours for £2.10 and M4 610 for £1.67 plus the vat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin
07-02-2019, 05:11 PM
I'll speak to my contact at Metamark see what she can do ;-)

Justin
07-02-2019, 05:24 PM
Sorted, online price list isn't relevant it appears :-)