PDA

View Full Version : Office Colour laser printer

Jason
05-02-2019, 04:56 PM
I'm after another colour laser printer, I already have an OKI 511 and this is pretty good with the compatible toners being well priced, I was going to buy another one but unfortunately its now been discontinued, and the replacement model doesn't have any compatible toners available as of yet.

In light of this can anybody recommend a colour laser printer just for general office work, ideally one that has cheap compatible toners available, I'm just after cheap printing for general office use.

Many thanks in advance

Jason

Justin
05-02-2019, 08:45 PM
I'm going to play devils advocate. I have a couple of 511's and swear by them but anytime I ask about printers I'm told why use expensive lasers when a good colour inkjet does the job? Like I say, maybe not my opinion but certainly a cheaper option.

Jason
06-02-2019, 09:53 AM
We tend to opt for laser printers for probably the same reasons as yourself, we don't have to worry about the ink drying up if they're not used for a while, toners last well and they are quick, nothing worse than having a customer waiting round whilst an inkjet printer slowly prints off an invoice.

GoonerGary
06-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Despite showing discontinued, you add it to your shopping cart on the Oki website.

https://www.okidirect.co.uk/product/11141/C511DN-A4-Colour-Laser-Printer

Justin
06-02-2019, 11:13 AM
I spoke to Printerland on Live Chat and they suggested this model:

https://www.printerland.co.uk/product/oki-c532dn/138295

They recommended this one as their preference stating 'Comes with more toner than the newer oki. More economical to run going forward and it is actually a better printer - quicker print speeds, better quality and more memory.'

https://www.printerland.co.uk/product/lexmark-cs727de/139624

Not sure on compatible toners. Maybe best to look those up and work backwards to find a printer!

Couple of 511's on eBay, refurb and used.

Jason
06-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Many thanks, I think I'll maybe look at the toners and work backwards, if that's unsuccessful I'll opt for another 511 from OKI, although its a quite a bit more than I paid for my last one :frown:

Justin
06-02-2019, 11:49 AM
I'[d speak to your/a toner supplier and get them to do the leg work maybe?

I take on-board your comments regarding the inkjet/laser. I do prefer the laser as they just keep doing the job, no day to day issues.

Let us know how you get on.

InkExpress
07-02-2019, 01:59 PM
I run (and would recommend) a Brother HL3140CW, toners are cheaper; less than £20.00 each. I had one for around 2 years before the drums needed changing at that point a new set of drums was £180.00 so I just bought the same printer again brand new (with new drums and new toners) for £108 on Amazon. Hopefully another 2-3 years of fautless printing ahead :)

Alex

Jason
07-02-2019, 04:16 PM
Thanks, I did actually go for a brother in the end although a slightly different model its a HL-L8260CDW, paid £153 + VAT from Printerland and they are offering £100 cashback, full set of compatables can be had for £37, that'll do for me.

UK Printed Mugs
07-02-2019, 09:28 PM
Based on this thread then I was about to order HL3140CW on Amazon. Amazon said I bought this printer in 2017! Hmm. Must go look for it as quite frankly just moved to a new business premise and don’t remember seeing it. Priority is getting white Oki working though before buying new stuff damn it.

InkExpress
08-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Based on this thread then I was about to order HL3140CW on Amazon. Amazon said I bought this printer in 2017! Hmm. Must go look for it as quite frankly just moved to a new business premise and don’t remember seeing it. Priority is getting white Oki working though before buying new stuff damn it.

I really rate the HL3140 Olly, like I said the drums when they run out make it not really viable to replace but when you can just buy the whole thing again its a no brainer :)

Alex

mr-gobby
08-02-2019, 12:14 PM
We've an oki 511Dn well over a year ago and I bought it thinking they were going out of production as the price was £99 and set of original toners is/was triple that, I bought a set of genuine new old stock toners off a guy on Ebay recently thinking I got a deal at £125 (well i did compared to shop new ones) but should have just bought the one in the Oki link on this thread, what was I thinking! Anyway a friend once told me that the original Oki toner had more polyester content and hence was better for creating transfers, I've never actually used it for that so god knows why I suckered myself into buying a set of original carts but such is the power of my stupidity perhaps! It matches the C321dn white Sunangel I have which was why I bought it thinking registration would be easier if I used it for creating some transfers however I've probably only used the Sunangel 3 times intself!