PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Listawood?

JSR
24-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Has anyone tried to order online from Listawood over the last couple of days?

I tried today but an error comes up saying that their secure server certificate expired on the 20th. These things are relatively easy to renew, and you generally get plenty of warning before they expire, so it makes me wonder if there's a problem.

I emailed them earlier when I tried to order but, so far, no response. They normally respond to emails in double-quick time.

I'm not prepared to order from a website with invalid SSL certificate and I would advise anyone else against doing so, too, so I hope they get it sorted soon.

GoldRapt
24-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Have youtelephoned them?

JSR
24-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Have youtelephoned them?
No I haven't. I order via the Internet, not over the phone.

GoldRapt
24-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I understand, but if theres a problem with the site, dont you think you have a duty to ring them up and tell them, presuming that doing it via the internet means it might go awry?

JSR
24-11-2009, 11:18 PM
I understand, but if theres a problem with the site, dont you think you have a duty to ring them up and tell them, presuming that doing it via the internet means it might go awry?
I've never had an email to them go awry before and they've always replied quickly.

But it isn't just that. It's that the SSL expired on the 20th. Has no one bought anything from them in that time? The fact that they apparently haven't noticed in four days is surprising.

I handle a couple of SSL certificates and always get warning of expiration well over a month before they're due to expire. To renew takes just a couple of minutes. Large companies tend to buy them several years in advance.

This situation seems fishy. If it's not fixed tomorrow, I'll be ordering from elsewhere.

I posted here to ask if anyone had noticed the same thing over the last few days or had tried to order from them. It would seem the answer is "no".

JSR
26-11-2009, 01:24 AM
Well it seems that Listawood have renewed their SSL certificate for a year.

Oddly, though, it's issued by an organisation not recognised by my browser (SeaMonkey). I guess the last few days were caused by changing certificate issuer because I had no problem ordering last week.

Makes sense, I guess. I had a cold call from an SSL issuer for one of my domains the other week trying to get me to switch to them. I told them where to go.

Anyway, it came a bit too late for me as I placed my order elsewhere this time. Maybe next time...

JSR
08-12-2010, 01:15 AM
I know this is an old thread, but it seems this problem with Listawood's website is a yearly occurrence.

You would have thought they'd be aware of it by now. Having your website throw up "unsecure" every time Christmas approaches doesn't exactly give off a professional image.

Andrew
08-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Thay've been upgrading their site so they told me as they vat rate is also out.

bms
08-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Are they still charging 15% or have they increased it to 20% already?

Andrew
08-12-2010, 11:37 PM
It was at 15%. A few other things were wrong as well but their site has never been great. I think they far more tend to concentrate more on printed product rather than blanks.

JSR
08-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Their site said 15% but they always charged 17.5%.

I think they just don't have anyone looking after the site. Often things will be listed when they're out of stock, or they'll show "out of stock" when they actually have plenty of stock. The site still can't handle price breaks, despite each page giving the impression that it will soon.

Their site has said that they're in the process of upgrading for some years now and I have no confidence that it ever will be. It baffles me that anyone has a site like that when it's so quick and easy to throw up something like ZenCart for free.

I emailed them last night about the security warning but haven't had a reply.

Trouble is that they sell things that no one else sells, so I kind of have to put up with it.