PDA

View Full Version : Magic Touch driving us Nuts!!!

GiftsFromScotland
12-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Hopefully someone can help. We have the OKI C610 laser printer. It prints the Magic Touch TTC 3.1 paper beautifully. The problem starts when we press try to press the t-shirts. We are using the Gildan t-shirts and have two different presses that we have tried but the images always come up grainy (like old denim or very worn old shirts). While the retro look is 'in', it isn't what we are trying to achieve.

We've tried the different recommended temperature, pressure, time combinations and nothings seems to work.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks loads!

Jayde

mrs maggot
13-01-2011, 09:41 AM
of all the techie depts i deal with, magic touch have some of the best people, who will take time to go through with you, and i would say call them direct, they will go through everything with you step by step and see where the problem lays.

jennywren
15-01-2011, 12:34 AM
I agree with Mrs maggot magic touch are really good at sorting out your problems, as one of their reps said to me, if you can't use it, we CAN'T sell it. I was never of the phone and this forum for help with magic touch paper. They really don't mind, it sounds like the press might not be the right tempture, you can always pm if hit any more snags I'm also on Skye if you need to talk, I'm long winded in typing (sorry)

Andrew
17-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Their sales dept are certainly a waste of time. Just phoned up to check pricing as I stumbled onto their Ireland site. The Irish site was quite a bit cheaper on a few products and the website was allowing me to go through the ordering process. Rang to ask what the situation was as the phone number is the same as the UK site and was told I am not allowed to order from that site as I am in the UK?!?! When I explained about free trade within Europe she then told me the price must be wrong and they would have it changed instead. Whenever I have had dealings with the sales dept I have found them very uninterested. Never been in touch with the Tech side but pity the others aren't as helpful as you mention.

logobear
27-02-2011, 02:54 PM
I find it very hard to believe you have had bad experience with the magic touch uk as I have used them as supplier of choice fir just over 20 years.
The tec support us outstanding, and so is every other contact I have had with them
In reply to your initial post I suspect your garments are too dry! They usually recommend a quick pre press to dry out, but if your storage is very dry then this should be omitted, and sometimes it helps to mist sprey with water and pre press to re wet!
MT typically recommend Haynes for best results and I agree.
Finally, laser papers need consistent high pressure to press, and many lightweight clam presses that are fine for sub are not up to the job. Adkins are brilliant.
Always ask for technical when you contact MT
Phil

mbprintsolutions
30-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Hopefully someone can help. We have the OKI C610 laser printer. It prints the Magic Touch TTC 3.1 paper beautifully. The problem starts when we press try to press the t-shirts. We are using the Gildan t-shirts and have two different presses that we have tried but the images always come up grainy (like old denim or very worn old shirts). While the retro look is 'in', it isn't what we are trying to achieve.

We've tried the different recommended temperature, pressure, time combinations and nothings seems to work.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks loads!

Jayde

I Have had exactly the same problem, changed from a Ricoh laser to oki laser and the ttc light3.1R transfers are really grainy despite starting off as a good print. There is about 15-20% left on carrier sheet after peeling transfer. We Changed to TTC (light) 3.1 +r which works fine on GILDAN and FOTL shirts with a clean sheet after peeling. There is a difference between the ttc3.1+ and standard ttc3.1 the +version is a thicker coating so best on 100% cotton such as Gildan or Fruit of the Loom Heavy because of the more open weave, which is not accepting all the transfer. The standard ttc 3.1 works fine on B&C or a finer weave so save it for these garments. Hope this helps, Matt.

John G
30-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Do you pre press the shirts to take any moisture out ?

logobear
31-01-2012, 02:17 PM
We are noticing big differences in how white laser transferes onto different brands of tshirt,
somtimes perfect with easy peel, others peel a struggle and leave a lot of residue.
On some brands the 'window' can be quite apparent, while on others it is invisible, even after many washes. I understand that the window visibility is down to the bleech used to whiten the cotton.
Regarding how a transfere takes, I am not technical on the different ways of spinning cotton - ringspun, etc but certainly the smoother stretchier cottons print MUCH better than the coarse. Primark vary a lot from c**p to reasonable, but H&M print consistantly well.
If we get poor adhesion it is usually because the garment is too dry, sprey with a mister, give a 2 second pre press, then press your transfere - if the result is a lot better then that is the problem.

mrs maggot
31-01-2012, 08:12 PM
did the original poster ever come back from his post in Jan last year ???

John G
31-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Doh! - never looked at original post date, probably worked it out that they were printing on the wrong side of the transfer! :biggrin: