PDA

View Full Version : Be aware: SUBLIMAGIC heat press

kris_hm
13-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi,
I don't like to give negative feedbacks to anyone, but I will share my experience with you.
I've bought mug heat press from sublimagic about 2 years ago. Quality of the machine was bit poor, typical chinese (nothing against China) machine. Heat press supposed to be suitable for very large mugs but it had cold spots on edges straight away so I could do only normal size mugs. Moving parts start bending after only few mugs and sometimes I wasted 2-4 mugs to do one. After some time I figured out how to place a mug to avoid cold or bended parts of heating surface. Finally after nearly 2 years heat press broke down and I can't find any spare parts for it :/
But the worst part of my experience with sublimagic is customer support as it doesn't exist at all. They don't answer phone calls, skype calls, don't reply emails and there is no address of company on their website. It's a ghost company.
They will answer your emails before you buy heat press but after that you won't be able to contact them again.
That's why now I've bought more expencive heat press from company with good reputation and lifetime warranty.
Do it for yourself and don't be tempted by lowest prices. Avoid sublimagic
regards
kris

Kaz
13-01-2011, 09:50 AM
My press is from sublimagic, and I've not had any problems with it at all. Can quite easily do a mug run of 30 mugs without any problems :)

kris_hm
13-01-2011, 09:53 AM
but in case if something will go wrong. can you contact them?? As I found it impossible

JSR
13-01-2011, 10:05 AM
They will answer your emails before you buy heat press
I contacted them some time ago to ask about their heat presses and didn't receive a reply at all, so I didn't bother buying.

My email was a little bit cheeky in that I asked what made their heat presses better than some of the cheap Chinese ones I'd seen on ebay. As they didn't reply, I just presumed that their heat presses were the same or worse than the cheap Chinese ones I'd seen on ebay.

If they're not prepared to answer pre-sales emails, then I have no confidence that they'll reply to post-sales problems.

accdave
13-01-2011, 10:16 AM
there is no address of company on their website.

I stick to a golden rule when buying. If I can't kick the door down to complain then I don't buy. I'm not really violent but if I want to take legal action then I want to know where the summons goes :)

DREAMGLASS
13-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Sublimagic do not have the best of reputations. Other postings on the net indicate that they have taken money off customers before, when the items are not even in the country. The WHOIS entry for sublimagic is quite interesting. "The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their address omitted from the WHOIS service". One might wonder why a non trading individual has an active ecommerce website powered by Roman Cart??

Most fails with mug presses are down to the blankets expiring through constant flexing. The electronics are pretty primitive and easily fixed. If you have a local computer repair shop, you'll usually find that they'll have someone able to fix it for you.

Paul
13-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi kris! I think you are lucky any way if you use your press for 2 years :) good value for money :) me thinks...

Did you keep blank mug in the heat blanket while heating up??

kris_hm
13-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi Paul,
No I didn't. Should I ?? Anyway heat press broke down after making 3 mugs one after another. Just stopped heating up. It turns on fine and shows temperature but not heating up. Any suggestions??

bms
13-01-2011, 06:58 PM
This sounds like the heat blanket has gone and needs to be replaced. If you mug press heats to 180 degrees before you put your mug in then you ought to keep a blank mug in it when it's heating/ cooling otherwise the blanket can burn out very quickly.

kris_hm
13-01-2011, 07:06 PM
any advice how to choose heating blanket for noname heat press?? It's 15 cm heigh and approx 23 cm width. It's connected by bare wires inside press. that's all I can find out about it

bms
13-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Does it have a thin metal sleeve around it? Are there 4 wires - two thicker and two thinner? Can you upload a picture?

kris_hm
13-01-2011, 08:06 PM
it has got 4 wires, but one is not connected (just cut short). I'm uploading photos

http://evangelicfashion.co.uk/press/IMG_3175.JPG
http://evangelicfashion.co.uk/press/IMG_3176.JPG
http://evangelicfashion.co.uk/press/IMG_3177.JPG

bms
13-01-2011, 08:18 PM
I think our DF10 mug blankets will work. They have what's called a quick connector for plugging in to mug press electrics, but if that's removed then it has 4 wires inside - 2 take power (the thicker ones) and two read the temperature (the thinner wires). They have a thin metal casing around them and have three screw fixing holes in the metal casing (which may need some customisation to fit, but that's just the screw fixing points).

They are at:
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/presses-and-cutters/428/df10-mug-press.htm

kris_hm
13-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks ! I'll have a look

Paul
13-01-2011, 08:59 PM
I dont get you Kris TBH :) why to look for something that may work or not?? if you can buy spare, ceap on here (http://www.sublimagic.co.uk/epages/es120902.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es120902_shop/Products/%22mug%20blanket%22)
this the place where you bought your press from and they sell suitable blankets.

bms
13-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Sorry Kris, I thought you'd drawn a blank with the original supplier. Best to get it from them if they do the spares.

kris_hm
13-01-2011, 09:52 PM
will never buy from them again. They disappointed me too much (not quality ways as you get what you paid for but bad customer service)

Paul
13-01-2011, 10:01 PM
just buy it :) better then buy new press or something that may not work...