PDA

View Full Version : Virtuoso printer manager problem.

dysublh
24-02-2020, 07:08 PM
Does anyone have saved the installation file for Virtuoso Print Manager version 6.5.
I would like to send it to me! Version 7 prints with a grid when you use non-genuine inks.
Тhanks!

Baldy
25-02-2020, 12:37 AM
VPM v6.5.4.2187 (Windows 64bit)
UPDATED LINK (23.03.20)
https://ln2.sync.com/dl/c4c8e0080/9km72g2c-y47t7p8v-j3bamwdw-2a5res7z
:smile:

dysublh
25-02-2020, 08:18 PM
thank you!!

DeanB
23-03-2020, 09:22 AM
VPM v6.5.4.2187 (Windows 64bit)
Download from WeTransfer.
https://we.tl/t-sXKj3o0Fp9
:smile:

Does anyone have this older VPM software or a link to download? I am getting the same issue and the above link no longer works. Thanks a lot for any assistance!

Baldy
23-03-2020, 11:41 AM
Does anyone have this older VPM software or a link to download? I am getting the same issue and the above link no longer works. Thanks a lot for any assistance!

Here you go.

DeanB
23-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Here you go.

Legendary thanks so much!

DeanB
23-03-2020, 03:13 PM
Except now it wont seem to let me in the login page, even though my username and password is correct. Even created a new account and no-go. Just says Access Denied. Any ideas?

Baldy
23-03-2020, 04:59 PM
Except now it wont seem to let me in the login page, even though my username and password is correct. Even created a new account and no-go. Just says Access Denied. Any ideas?

First time I've heard of that happening to be honest.
I'm wondering if Sawgrass are being sneaky and blocking access to older versions so people upgrade to v7 (which doesn't like third party inks), or if the new Creative Studio is only compatible with V7 and above.

I'm still on SublijetHD inks but others on here may have had the same issue.
You could contact Sawgrass, but I suspect their response will be along the lines of 'update to latest version' and 'we don't support non-Sawgrass inks'.

Alternatively, I'm told the grid issue only occurs when printing via the print manager and creative studio software, so printing direct from third party software such as Photoshop should avoid this.

DeanB
24-03-2020, 07:49 AM
First time I've heard of that happening to be honest.
I'm wondering if Sawgrass are being sneaky and blocking access to older versions so people upgrade to v7 (which doesn't like third party inks), or if the new Creative Studio is only compatible with V7 and above.

I'm still on SublijetHD inks but others on here may have had the same issue.
You could contact Sawgrass, but I suspect their response will be along the lines of 'update to latest version' and 'we don't support non-Sawgrass inks'.

Alternatively, I'm told the grid issue only occurs when printing via the print manager and creative studio software, so printing direct from third party software such as Photoshop should avoid this.

Hi yes possibly the above. Seems odd and if so, not really a good look for the company.
I have solved the issue printing directly from the graphics app with an ICC profile from the ink supplier. In fact, if anything, the prints are now even more vibrant :)

Lofty
04-04-2020, 03:01 PM
Hello everybody, please excuse me jumping on this thread but I'm having similar problems. Having run Virtuoso for a couple of years, decided to build a new pc still with Windoze 10 but better graphics etc. anyhoo, came to start the system, and it installed the latest version of SPM, only trouble is, no matter what I try it will not detect the printer on either usb or ethernet.

Sawgrass seem to have no idea as to what the problem is, and every suggestion they have made doesn't work.

I then tried to reinstall VPM and have the same problem as DeanB, won't recognise the log in.

As I am getting totally fed up with this software after spending best part of a week trying to get it to run - can anyone suggest a possible cure, or even alternative software?

lollyb85
29-05-2020, 10:08 PM
Can anyone advise me please! recently updated the virtuoso print manager from sawgrass for the second time in a few weeks, apparently there was a problem with the last one not sending to the printer. NOW however it doesnt come up as an option on photoshop, i cant work the creative studio and dont realy want to, its took me years to get to where i am now. so when i print on photo shop it used to come up as virtuoso print manager as one of my options and now its not there!! insert cry face

Lofty
29-05-2020, 10:25 PM
Hi Lollyb, I had so much trouble with VPM, that after many weeks and associated emails from Sawgrass, I gave up and moved to Sublirip. perfect first time installation and results. regards

lollyb85
30-05-2020, 11:15 AM
Hi Lofty, thanks for replying, i went and slept on it after sawgrass replied with what was basically an automated answer and the link for troubleshooting!! got up this morning and replied telling them that i wouldnt have contacted them if i hadnt tried that already!

so i reinstalled the software again and its now working, one thing the last install had missed was the hot folder . it's now there.

print manager has now reappeared in my printer choices but i have to manually open it after sending a document to print.

I do panic when stuff doesn't work because it has taken me so long to get it "right" .
Many thanks again for your advice i'll look into sublirip just incase I need it in the future!!