PDA

View Full Version : I thought it would be easy!!!!

Stitch Up
11-10-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm not wishing to put anyone off BUT ...........

When we started in embroidery a couple of years back, I thoght it would be easy! Geez, was I wrong and in for a shock. The learning curve is huge, it's very demanding on both time and wasteage. We very nearly gave in several times. I'm no where near an expert but muddled through learning the hard way.

We started off by paying to much for an embroidery machine on eBay but, it was a good machine to start with - a Brother BAS-416A. This machine is a single head, what this means is that you can only stitch one garment at a time. Now we have a 3 head machine and you've guessed it, we can now stitch 3 garments at a time.

This is the machine arriving!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/datasafe/Stitch-Up/Hardware/DSCF0353.jpg

It's BIG, it's HEAVY but it's built to last and works brilliantly.

Cheers

John

Justin
11-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Holy moly! That's some machine! Do you keep it in the spare bedroom!?

I'd heard embroidery was very difficult to get into, not least expensive. I wondered if there was still a market for it?

Cheers,
Justin :-)

Stitch Up
11-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Wouldn't get it in the house even if we wanted to, it's just to big!

The machine resides in the garage, the one that got flooded with sewage - professionaly cleaned now.

Yes, there is a market for embroidery, it seems to fall into two categrys:
1. Large numbers = workwear etc - price competitive.
2. Small numbers - special designs and sometimes 'one-offs' - not so price sensitive.

We try to major on specials/ones offs.

John

dougdesigns
07-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I have always want to learn and do embroidery. As it would be great skill to learn and I think that there is a demand for it.