PDA

View Full Version : Help with buying equipment

Whambam
15-05-2020, 10:57 PM
I have wanted to have a try of t-shirt printing and wall stickers etc for quite a while now and I finally have some spare money to have a try so I am wondering if people think that this set up would be ok

swinging heat press from signzworld

https://signzworld.co.uk/shop/bluewave-hp380d-swing-heat-press-38x38cm-for-sublimation-and-t-shirt-transfer/

printer from ink experts

https://www.inkexperts.co.uk/product/sublimation-starter-bundle-epson-ecotank-et-2650-printer-4-x-100ml-inktec-ink-a4-paper/

cameo 4 cutter from MDP supplies

https://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/silhouette-cameo4-packs.aspx

i would just like some advice as to if I am making a mistake on what I have chosen please any advice would be great fully received

thank you

Neil

billy8581
17-05-2020, 09:58 AM
Hi Neil,

A good starter press is the stahls clam basic from target transfers, I've had one for years, never let me down, a good back up press really good temperature spread and accuracy, comes in a range of sizes.
Cameo 4 is good
I prefer Sawgrass SG400 and SG800 as opposed to an epsom ( I can see why epson appeals but, I like the sawgrass package personally with hd inks)

Just my preference, sure others will have good input .

pw66
17-05-2020, 12:33 PM
Hi Neil,

A good starter press is the stahls clam basic from target transfers, I've had one for years, never let me down, a good back up press really good temperature spread and accuracy, comes in a range of sizes.

You obviously had a lucky one - mine fell apart and doesn't keep good temperature. Too expensive for mid-grade Chinese import.

Cameo 4 is good, and Ink Experts will sort you out with a good printer.

Whambam
17-05-2020, 12:39 PM
You obviously had a lucky one - mine fell apart and doesn't keep good temperature. Too expensive for mid-grade Chinese import.

Cameo 4 is good, and Ink Experts will sort you out with a good printer.

hi what press did you settle with then please

pw66
17-05-2020, 01:09 PM
hi what press did you settle with then please
I upgraded to a Pressmech, but at over £1k is a different kettle of fish to a £600 Stahls basic.

The problem with buying a cheap press is that it is pot luck as to whether you get a good one or not, and there is no way of knowing what you get until you have been using it for a while.. Some will last well and others will be a pain from the get go - as was proven by my Stahls basic.

All I can recommend is that if you buy a budget press get it from a reputable supplier with a good returns policy.
Never dealt with Signzworld, but they have some very dubious sounding terms in their returns policy.

Also Signzworld make you checkout through Paypal ( even when using a card) so you are not covered by the Consumer Credit Act if anything goes wrong.

Whambam
17-05-2020, 01:41 PM
Great I will look into that I know ink experts have one for £200 so I might try them as they are members on the forum so should get good support as they where great over recommending the printer

thank you