PDA

View Full Version : Full colour image on nylon drawstring gym bags

Jason
20-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Can anybody advise what my options are for printing a full colour image onto a Red, Nylon drawstring bag I've got an enquiry for 50, initially was thinking dark jet buy don't think this can be done on nylon

cheers

Jase

jennywren
20-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I might be wrong but wouldn't it melt in the press, I could be wrong

Justin
20-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I used to sublimate the white ones and use vinyl for colours. Can't remember putting any transfers onto them but I'm sure it's possible. They tend to take very short times to press, watch out for plastics strings and corners etc.

A quick look at dark jet and it does state 100% nylon:
http://www.xpres.co.uk/consumables/ultragraphics/print_materials/XP_dark_jet.php

Jason
20-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Cheers Justin, never used Dark Jet, didn't realise it could go on nylon will give this a try

Justin
20-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I wonder if the transfer may be a bit 'hard' on the bag? The vinyl I used to use worked a treat, still do the boys PE bags with it!

mrs maggot
21-01-2011, 10:31 PM
just make sure every part of the bag is covered with a teflon sheet - took me ages to clean the plate where a bit of the bag i was pressing was not covered grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, i was pressing a printed dark jet image onto a bag for a school - no problems (just needed to use my full size sheet)