PDA

View Full Version : Plate Printing (Gold Ring)

jamescork2
20-01-2011, 09:48 PM
I wonder if anyone can help. I have the combo press and am trying to press pictures on the plates with the gold ring. At the moment I’m breaking quite a few. I have tried warming the plates at different temperatures and press at 190 C. The plates are breaking shortly after reaching this temperature. Is anyone experiencing the same problem? If not, is there anything that you think I should try or may no what I’m doing wrong. Many thanks.

Andrew
21-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Which plate is it? I'm assuming sublimation. A cut out of a mousemat positioned underneath to support the hollow might help. Ceramic printing takes place at far higher temps than what us subli lot do so I would think the pressure is causing an issue...... especially if you are pre-warming. A mousemat underneath will help it find the right position and absorb pressure.

jamescork2
21-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Hi Andrew,

Yes it is sublimation which I should have said, sorry. I am pre-warming as per instructions. I will try the mouse mat that's a good idea. Would you recommend not pre-warming? I don’t do that with the side plates and no trouble, although they are small much and would make sense with the larger plates and underneath pressure.

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jim.

jamescork2
24-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Hi Andrew,

Just to let you know, I used a cut up mouse mat to support the underside centre of the plate (With gold rings). It worked a treat. Four printed to-day and not one broken. Thanks very much for your help. Jim.

Stitch Up
25-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Any pictures James?

Andrew
25-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Glad it's going well Jim.

jamescork2
26-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Hi Stitch Up,

I was going to upload a picture for you to see but, when I looked at insert image it does not look as easy as just importing the picture like with some other websites. Or have I got it wrong. It's asking for a URL of the image. Not sure what it means.

Regards,

James.

NASH
26-01-2011, 03:49 PM
click on Go Advanced and there you can browse for the image you like to attach

jamescork2
28-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi nash,

Thank you very much for that information.

Regards,

Jim.