PDA

View Full Version : Sticking Local

Bob700
22-06-2020, 11:28 PM
Hi
Does anyone stick to selling in their own city ie no online selling in any way, if so if you work from a workshop or in a shed/garage at home do you have any tips on bringing in business

Thanks

pw66
23-06-2020, 12:44 PM
For clothing and signs it is still possible, but getting harder. It is 'inconvenient' for Bob the Builder to come to a printshop when he can order online and have it delivered.
Visibility is key - prominent premises and regular advertising ( press, radio, social media). Contact with local schools, businesses and organisations has to be very proactive.

I don't know how it would be for giftware, mugs etc. The more limited your product range the bigger the catchment area needed.

Fletcher
23-06-2020, 02:40 PM
Depends What your selling really and the size of your city, But yes it is possible. Key Points i would say are making sure people know of you and your products and don't forget you.
When I started I called into local garages, builders yards and shops that i thought would buy uniform regular ie had a high staff turnover or dirty jobs meaning lots of uniform. I also had my sister email loads of companies that i thought may need my services. I then sent a printed mug and a leaflet to loads of companies to. I still to this day spend time each month driving round visiting local businesses offering services. Its hard but possible. Comes down to customer communication as one bad review can cause loads of crap.
We then Expanded to online a few years ago.

Bob700
23-06-2020, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the info