PDA

View Full Version : Value and demand for Directadvantage printer

CGPArtwork
25-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi all

My company has a Directadvantage clothing printer and press sat about not doing anything. They want to get rid of it as it is (and never really was) ever used.

Does anyone have a clue as to what it might be worth or if there is any demand for these units?

Thanks

John G
25-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Would be interested but not sure what they go for, and if its has been standing a while not sure whether it would be serviceable - do the jets/nozzles not block?.

CGPArtwork
25-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Yes is the answer to that question. I have done some cleaning prints but a few of the inks do appear to be blocked. Are these not easy to clean?

John G
25-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Not sure - "Stitch up", a member on here will be able to give you more info as he's just bought a new DTG printer. I've never heard of the Direct advantage - I don't know much about this type of printing though!
Is it very old and does it use sawgras inks?

CGPArtwork
25-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Not sure how old the unit is, would have to ask the boss. It is the same as this one here http://www.barudan.co.uk/default.asp?contentId=59&navi=59.

The inks are Directadvantage by Sawgrass, Naturalink if that means anything?

bms
25-01-2011, 10:16 AM
This system is the Sawgrass equivalent to DTG printing and supports white ink delivery as well. Getting the heads clear though is important for re-sale.

CGPArtwork
25-01-2011, 10:20 AM
On the assumption that the heads can be cleared, any idea what this setup is worth?

DREAMGLASS
25-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Seeing as how the model is one of the lesser known units, there would be question mark on parts availability and engineers experienced in that type of machine, especially as the machine only comes with twelve months warranty originally.

You also have the added problem that Sawgrass is not particularly known for selling reasonable priced inks, so its a question of whether the machine would work with regular dtg textile inks as well.

Depending on its overall condition and looking at the marketplace for secondhand dtg machines, I guess you'd probably be looking at a figure of below 4K.