PDA

View Full Version : black polo

smitch6
25-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Anyone got any black polo shirts in Large and X-Large they want to sell?

i only need about 5 of each

Paul
25-01-2011, 07:40 PM
you can get them from here. (http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/poloshirtsfotl402.asp?parentcatname=Polo Shirts)

smitch6
25-01-2011, 07:49 PM
ouch thats way too much than i want to pay
i only sell them for £7.99 with the embroidered logo

bms
25-01-2011, 07:53 PM
If you want cheap then you might be just as well advised to go to Primark or check out a local supermarket in their 'value' range.

Paul
25-01-2011, 08:15 PM
£7.99 ?? :rolleyes::frown::confused: not to dear. you hardly geting any profit!!!
I would NOT sell them for less then £15!!!

If you want cheap then you might be just as well advised to go to Primark or check out a local supermarket in their 'value' range.

thats right! for £7.99 this is best option I would say...

accdave
25-01-2011, 08:26 PM
ouch thats way too much than i want to pay
i only sell them for £7.99 with the embroidered logo

What sort of minmum qty is that ?

accdave
25-01-2011, 08:29 PM
I think the Gildan 74800 is about the cheapest polo around, £2.50 ish ( +vat) Depends what the customer needs. I prefer the FOTL for comfort but if it's cheap and cheerful we sell more Gildan

John G
25-01-2011, 08:31 PM
If your selling small run embroidered polo's for £7.99 :confused: how much are you selling your mugs for?

smitch6
25-01-2011, 08:32 PM
they are just promotional polo's i sell for my website

so i can't really charge too much lol

i got the last lot off ebay in a bulk buy had about 30 but they are all small and medium
and a few of my member have commented they want L and X-L

smitch6
25-01-2011, 08:33 PM
mugs are £4.99 :P

Justin
25-01-2011, 09:17 PM
£4.99? ouch :-(

smitch6
25-01-2011, 09:20 PM
why how much do you lot charge for mugs?

cos everywhere i've seen them they are 4.99 if not cheaper

Justin
25-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Depends partly on the amount of work you have to put in. Cost of the mug+ink+paper+heat tape+electricity+labour, doesn't leave you much profit. It's very easy to undervalue sublimation products. At the end of the day you're offering a personalised high quality item made specifically for each individual customer.

I'm lucky in that I can sell my mugs for £5 wholesale but that's because I have a specific market. Personally I feel £8 is a more realistic price for one offs. I know several companies that wouldn't go below the £10 mark. We have a poll on this s while back.....can't find it right now but it did make interesting reading.

purpledragon
26-01-2011, 12:15 AM
put search in ebay under photo mug justin £4.99 is considered expensive god knows how some out there are doing them for 3.oo but they are im guessing these are the people who are not paying tax etc and ruining it for the rest of us who actually earn a living from these.personally id love to charge more than a fiver, but a good markup is useless if you're not selling any
brett

Justin
26-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Yes, seen that on so many occasions. I can understand if your selling 1000's. I guess the mugs are cheap and nasty but even then is it really worth it? I'd sooner not bother myself. Same old story, it's all about finding the market that works for you. If you spend 1/2 hour working on a design for someone you just can't justify it.

swimwivsquid
26-01-2011, 01:14 AM
I really don't understand why people undervalue their work. Dye sub to me is about personalisation, one offs etc. If you want a hundred off one image then go a different route. We charge a lot more for our mugs because if we didn't we might as well not bother. It really bugs me when I see firms(people) charging so little for what is a premium product. Personalised means effort went into making it so why bother sell it for £4.99 when the customers perceived value should be a lot higher. OK here in Grenada we have to put up with rubbish import duties which drives our costs up but when we (Mrs SWS and I) were selling mugs etc in uk we were charging £11.75 each....that was four years ago and costs haven't come down in that time. Rant over.......

smitch6
26-01-2011, 08:27 AM
no but more people are doing it now
thats the trouble the market isn't flooded yet but lots of ppl are selling them

we went into card factory the other day and they have age mugs in a presentation box with a little teddy for £2.99 :O

admittedly they aren't personalised but £3
it was due to their prices that i had to shut my greetings card business we couldn't buy cards for what they sell them for

smitch6
26-01-2011, 08:29 AM
i've always been the type of person who believes

small profit quick turnaround
its pointless in my eyes selling products for a high price and making a bug profit on a couple of items
because you are sitting on your stock
and stock doesn't earn you money

if you are value for money and give a good service ppl will come back
esp this day and age when money is tight

mrs maggot
26-01-2011, 09:53 AM
call tony at gighouse he does small order qtys at good prices 01673 844168 - you can tell hm laura from fat maggot said to call, he is a phone guy - no computers lol, and you can pay him over the phone.

I cant see you making a profit anytime soon though at those prices - if you are turning this into a business you have to think like a business, you are not considering your equipment as outlay, and recovering costs, or thinking ahead to investing in new equipment - you are not considering your time or effort, but undercutting those that are actually offering the real service - price up alongside those that do similar in your area, you will still get the business, as you offer the unique religious angle

swimwivsquid
26-01-2011, 02:33 PM
we went into card factory the other day and they have age mugs in a presentation box with a little teddy for £2.99 :O

admittedly they aren't personalised but £3
it was due to their prices that i had to shut my greetings card business we couldn't buy cards for what they sell them for

With Valentines day looming what do you think you would prefer from your loved one. A Card factory mug at £2.99 or a personalised one with heart felt wishes and the knowledge that some thought went into it.......as Lorraine said you have a usp with the Christian aspect....in fact its given me some thought as Grenada is a very religious island ;-)
People will pay for quality even in Norfolk....and I can say that as a Norfolk boy. Keep on troshin.....

purpledragon
26-01-2011, 11:34 PM
i think the points being missed, joe public who has never bought a mug of this sort cant tell the differance between a £3 mug or a £8 mug, until they recieve the mug (obviously we're talking distance selling rather than shop bought). the damage done is two fold first he thinks i'm glad i didnt pay £8 for the crappy mug he recievedthen he thinks im not gonna risk £8 on another supplier, why would he? hes already had his fingers burnt. I value my designs and work far more than £5 but at the end of the day if they dont sell then they are worthless no matter how good they are. i need to sell my stuff its my living i cant afford the luxury of sayin my mugs worth more so im not sellin for less. A small profit is still a profit, and its gonna get worse as more ppl are made redundant more will venture into the buisness.
brett

swimwivsquid
27-01-2011, 12:10 AM
i think the points being missed, joe public who has never bought a mug of this sort cant tell the differance between a £3 mug or a £8 mug, until they recieve the mug (obviously we're talking distance selling rather than shop bought). the damage done is two fold first he thinks i'm glad i didnt pay £8 for the crappy mug he recievedthen he thinks im not gonna risk £8 on another supplier, why would he? hes already had his fingers burnt. I value my designs and work far more than £5 but at the end of the day if they dont sell then they are worthless no matter how good they are. i need to sell my stuff its my living i cant afford the luxury of sayin my mugs worth more so im not sellin for less. A small profit is still a profit, and its gonna get worse as more ppl are made redundant more will venture into the buisness.
brett

So are you saying that everything comes down to the lowest common denominator. One guy sells a crap mug so I have to reduce my price even though I am selling quality. How about educating people to expect decent quality products by advertising and promoting. In a different life we introduced a product to East Anglia (Cibachrome if anyone is familiar with the old process) and qualified our confidence in the product by offering a money back guarantee if the customer could get a better quality print elsewhere.Never had a return. We had a firm in our locality that started offering the same thing at a fraction of the price we were charging and a customer of theirs came in and asked what I thought of their £1.50 print. I answered that it was fine for £1.50 but if they wanted the best from their image we would print it and it would be £7. We kept that customer. Make sure you are confident in getting the best from your work and sell it at a price that is reasonable. Not just because some guy on ebay is offering something for a fraction of what you charge. They will go under or give up eventually as did our cut price competitor.

purpledragon
27-01-2011, 08:40 AM
i take your point regarding the competitors who sell sub standard items going under sooner or later the problem is while im waiting for him to go under im not earning ,if im not earning i too will go under, on the whole i have a good name with my existing customers but while the quick buck merchants go under another takes their place, id be interested to know how you educate the good people of ebay on expecting decent quality you can lead a horse to water but you cant force them to buy a decent mug for 8 quid to remind them of their trip to the water hole especially when arfur daley is there selling them for 3 quid. Im not sdaying you have to reduce your prices to match the next guys if you're selling well then carry on but if you're not selling an item so well then something is obviously wrong,Im sorry but the general public want something for nothing thats life im afraid.Being more expensive but far better quality than 1 competitor in your area is one thing being more expensive than hundreds of others is totally differnt

Scotty@BMS
27-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Brett's spot on. In a former life I was an assistant camera operator and we would all have words with anyone who sold themselves too cheaply on a job. Too low, you look cheap and probably for a reason, too high you won't get hired no matter how good you are. A happy medium is in the middle where all the good guys can wet their beaks, the cream always rises after all. Its just a bitch waiting for it to happen!

Dave S
29-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Anyone got any black polo shirts in Large and X-Large they want to sell?

i only need about 5 of each

Hi Smitch try here, I buy Ts from them and find them quite reasonabley priced
http://www.polo-shirts.co.uk/Polo+Shirts?es=&cs=2&ss=&bs=&ns=&t1=&t2=&t4=&t5=&x=1

smitch6
31-01-2011, 11:21 PM
thanks for that Dave
i've signed up on their site so will be having a look about on there