PDA

View Full Version : Prints too dark in photoshop elements?

AdamB
28-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

I have notcied that when I print from photoshop elements the print is too dark!

I can use the same image in Corel Draw, Microsoft Word and also printing direct (right click, print) and the image will come out perfect - but when it's printed through elements it's too dark.

As with everything, I have been through the profile settings and letting the printer and elements manage the colours to no avail. I have been reading up on the interweb over the last few days and have not got any further to solving the problem.

The funny thing is that it's just elements that is causing the problem!

Anyone else experienced this before??

Adam

John G
28-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Adam, is elements covered by your profile?

AdamB
28-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi John,

I have two profiles that I use via elements - chromablast and ArTainium, when I select these to print out things they print fine.

However, when I want to print out 'normal stuff' through elements (normal ink, normal printer) things are too dark? Although when I do the same through Word & Corel etc they print fine ?????????????

JSR
28-01-2011, 12:13 PM
When you print normal stuff with normal ink through a normal printer from Elements, what profile are you using?

Printing too dark is symptomatic of ICC-aware software that's printing without a profile (or with the wrong profile).

I don't use Elements so I don't know how to advise, except to say that if you're printing through a normal printer/ink without a custom profile, the software should be set to "use printer driver" and the printer driver should *not* be set to "Off (No Colour Adjustment)".