PDA

View Full Version : craft robo

jenthelemur
02-02-2011, 03:52 PM
help help help! ok i know its extremly cheap but it doesn't cut a ruddy thing! :mad:
It won't feed in a straight line it barely marks the vinyl its got new blades i did what the instructions told me but its the biggest headache ever!
Any clue how to use it or shall i just move it on to pastures new?!

R.Prints
02-02-2011, 04:27 PM
You have to make sure the sheet is fed in square, next check correct blade tip is fitted and set for carrier sheet or not, then check pressure and speed are correct for material type.
Good luck
Ray

jenthelemur
02-02-2011, 05:03 PM
what blade rip should it be? and should it have a carrier sheet the guide i have says not?
It slips around then screws up against the edge of the machine at the moment.
Thanks , :)

jenthelemur
02-02-2011, 05:03 PM
tip not rip!! oopsy

Reg
02-02-2011, 05:27 PM
If I remember rightly you use the blue tip for vinyl and make sure your vinyl is wider than the 2 guides on the feed bar or it will slip round.

R.Prints
02-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I cut sheet 220mm which gives you plenty of grip. When you select the media that your cutting it will tell you which tip to use. Look under lid and you should have the data for cutting depth for each tip. Blue 0.1mm Yellow 0.2mm and Pink 0.3mm.

jenthelemur
03-02-2011, 12:26 AM
I've only ever used rolands before so was probably spoilt but .. its very very noisy is that right?
Thanks for your help

wenico
03-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I had a Robo cutter and was not happy with it and passed it on to my daughter to play with.

I bought a Creation PCut from Ebay and have used that very efectively for vinly for the past five years.

I also have a Mimaki which my daughter now uses specifically for iron on fabric lettering... she's passed the Robo cutter on to her sister who is a school teacher... and I don't think she bothers using it.

In Australia you cna buy a nw Creation P-Cut for less than $500. You may be able to get one xsecond hand.

Regards

Roy N.