PDA

View Full Version : Metamark Vinyl Issues

Justin
11-05-2021, 07:27 PM
Just printed a sign onto Metamark MD5. I use this for other products and it seems fine. This sign is around A2 size. I went to mount it onto some correx type material and it was a nightmare. Creasing before I'd got it anywhere near the board!

Done this plenty of times over the years but obviosuly not with this material. I assume an air escape material would be better at this size? Or maybe just cut vinyl ;-)

Mrteajunkie
11-05-2021, 10:56 PM
I always spray correx with water soap mix before I apply it.
This way I can lift it away and get it right.

Squeegee it out and let it dry and it’s perfect.

Justin
11-05-2021, 10:56 PM
Yeah, this stuff is creasing before I even get it in the board.

Mrteajunkie
12-05-2021, 07:38 AM
Static build up maybe?
I have this with clear application tape on long runs. The vinyl tends to jump up to the tape and if held loose it folds over on itself.
It’s a Pain in the ass.

AGS
23-08-2021, 01:58 AM
You could maybe try laying the vinyl face down on the bench then remove the paper liner - gently place the correx in position on top of the exposed adhesive

Once it has grabbed turn it over and gently squeegee in the direction of the flutes - increasing the pressure once the vinyl is down

pw66
23-08-2021, 09:32 AM
I find it best to leave MD5 and other printed vinyl for at least a couple of hours to fully dry and stabilise. It is far too pliable straight from the printer.

For mounting, flood coating and even taping up these are worth every single penny -
https://www.printcutandfinish.co.uk/manual-cold-roll-laminators/