PDA

View Full Version : Facebook/Instagram help please

StellaD
18-05-2021, 05:50 PM
We have never bothered with social media promotion, instead relying on old fashioned client lists, a website and a bit of ebay, etc.

ebay seems to have fallen off a cliff now so we started looking into Instagram which appears highly recommended but apparently needs Facebook as well.

If I understand correctly we need a Facebook shop before we can market on Instagram.

I have activated the Woocommerce Facebook plugin, set up a Facebook business page and submitted the catalogue which seems to have been recognised because one product was flagged as unsuitable because they do not allow "medical and health products". The product in question was a standard 10oz mug with a 70 mph speed sign print for a 70th birthday - just a motoring theme - no idea why it was rejected!

Now the entire catalogue has been rejected and the reason given was that we don't meet their conditions (which are long and detailed).

We asked for clarification and their answer is exactly the same - word for word.

Has anyone else had problems and is there a work around?.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

pisquee
19-05-2021, 08:00 AM
I'd recommend https://www.ecomgrowthhub.com/ for walking you through every aspect of setting up the accounts properly, but also how to build the adverts.

In terms of FB they make mistakes like this all the time, just appeal it, and a few days later it will be ok.

JMugs
19-05-2021, 08:57 AM
The Instagram side requires you to have an established presence on the platform, it was a minimum of 100 followers. Once this was established you could apply to sell. Facebook did require you had a business page to run from. To give you and idea of how FB has lost the plot, I received a ""Bullying" warning from them for calling a friend a "Potato". Yes - seriously!:confused:

Janners

StellaD
19-05-2021, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Strangely, an email has just arrived and the Woocommerce catalogue has now been approved after all (I don't pretend to understand why) although the shop itself cannot be published so it's back to reading up on this some more to find the next step.

I guess I can at least post about new products on the Facebook business page and try and get followers and the same on Instagram.

The link looks good though not inexpensive so will have a think about that.

Thanks again!