PDA

View Full Version : Epson P50 or B40W for sublimation printing?

jimsters
05-02-2011, 07:50 PM
hi
there isnt much in the price between the epson p50 and the b40w printers.
the p50 is 6 inks and the b40w is 4 inks.

i know that the b40w is supported by sawgrass and the p50 isnt however that doesnt bother me too much because i know the p50 can be used successfully.

if i was to buy a new one, which would be the best to go for using a ciss with either sawgrass or rotech inks?

the p50 seems to be a little cheaper but for the sake of £20 or so it doesnt really make much difference.

bms
05-02-2011, 07:56 PM
ciss with either sawgrass or rotech inks?

Rotech is Sawgrass ink. Sawgrass is the parent company that sells Artainium, Rotech and SubliJet sublimation inks.
The P50 doesn't have a colour correction profile available so if you are going to use this then this is something you're going to have to get sorted out. 'Supported' means that the colour correction profile is available and support is provided by the distributors . Not supported means there isn't a colour correction profile and you're on your own, but I think Justin has experimented with the P50.

I believe the B40W is being replaced by the B42W by Epson, so the B40W printers might start to get difficult to source. The B42W takes different cartridges to the B40W so the EasyFlow sytems won't be compatible.

Justin
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
If you're using Sawgrass approved inks you may as well go the whole hog and get the supported printer, unless of course you need the 6 colour print which most users don's seem to. I've had superb results with the P50 and would highly recommend it.

JSR
05-02-2011, 11:42 PM
I believe the B40W is being replaced by the B42W by Epson, so the B40W printers might start to get difficult to source. The B42W takes different cartridges to the B40W so the EasyFlow sytems won't be compatible.

Epson aren't changing it already are they? Blimey. One day they'll slow down this ceaseless battle to rip us off.