PDA

View Full Version : advice would you give someone trying to get into this /things you wish you knew years

Tablo
14-01-2022, 11:38 PM
Judging by the membership of the forum I’m relatively young and a beginner and I think cloth production something as older would like to be more established in. Currently own a used adkins and have been trying on and silhouette cutter. Tried a few things on and off since 2019. Final year of my course (accounting and finance). What advice would you give someone like me trying to eventually pivot from a hobbyist to a full time entrepreneur like many of the users here. How did you perhaps get into the trade? Very much curious to hear. From the side to side stuff and troubleshooting done over the years it has been difficult and near not particularly fruitful but something inspires me to keep going with it.

logobear
16-01-2022, 06:56 PM
Choose a niche..... maybe a hobby, or your immediate community, or students within your department....
Find out everything you can about the niche....
then decide....
Produce items that the niche will want to buy - in jokes, slogans, famous quotes, or whatever
OR
serve groups within that niche with a made to order service.

Main issue is letting folk know you are there.... advertising is mostly wasted, - so focus!
Drill down to a VERY specific niche and PENETRATE !