PDA

View Full Version : bags

jennywren
08-02-2011, 07:20 PM
acrylic bags 600d micro rip-stock polyester , do you need different needles to embroider on and tips would be welcome, never done one before, I have order two in-case one goes wrong

smitch6
08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
i did read about embroidering caps
and the main thing they say is make sure the needle is REALLY sharp
and as the poly will blunt it quickly change it regularly
if its blunt it'll wreck the poly instead of going through it :)

jennywren
08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Thank you for that, but I trying to find a embroidery forum, I haven't look to hard because up to now its been practice practice till I managed the embroidery on polo shirts, but I have to produce a sample the do 50 of them, the bags are nearly 15 pounds each wholesale price s i can't afford the luxury of just practice as I'm sure that there not many places that you can practice on a bag. If I find a suitable forum I'll pop the web address in a post. I think your right though about the needles. Thank you again

smitch6
08-02-2011, 10:14 PM
i have looked for an embroidery forum before as well and couldn't find one anywhere
i found a few sites that you get loads of free designs from though :)

are they the same material as the baseball caps?
if so it might be worth buying a few of them and having a practise
if you need a couple gimme a shout

maybe i should start an embroidery forum :)
i have a few sites knocking about and am always looking for new adventures seeing as i offer web hosting and have a large server on the go lol

Louise
15-02-2011, 09:49 PM
How did you get on with the bags? Ive not had much time lately so not been about much.

An embroidery forum sounds good.

smitch6
15-02-2011, 10:13 PM
ok i just bought www.embroideryforum.org.uk
give me a couple of days and it'll be active

AdamB
15-02-2011, 10:27 PM
ok i just bought www.embroideryforum.org.uk
give me a couple of days and it'll be active

Check out Mr .com there!

You'll be after my "www.queenelizabeth.co.uk" if I don't keep an eye on you!

jennywren
15-02-2011, 10:31 PM
How did you get on with the bags? Ive not had much time lately so not been about much.

An embroidery forum sounds good.

Funny enough we are just about to do it tonight, will let you know how it works out, bone a woolen hat and well impressed, watch and read a few hints and tips we found scattered about the internet from various sites

jennywren
17-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Just to let you know that the bag came out really good, it had to be hand held tightly as well during the sew out as it was quite bulky. we are going to adding this line for sale now, but everything will have to wait now as I've signed for the shop and hope to be in within a month, as well as do the hand over stalls to the person that will be buying, so I'll be moving, packing stressing ect, not sure if my time line is sensible, on top of that I have clean looking after a teenager and see my grandchildren. plus fit in a break down as there too much to do and no one to delegate too

smitch6
17-02-2011, 08:56 AM
awwwww Jenny the art of a good boss is to delegate, bit hard when your a small business with just 1 or 2 people though
stick with it, it'll be worth it

jennywren
17-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Does husband and daughter count as staff, can't get the daughter to tidy up , quicker to do it my self lol