PDA

View Full Version : epson 1400 printer

valentine rhodes
09-02-2011, 07:31 PM
I have been printing sublimation with this printer for a long time. Went to use it last saturday, it prints all colours except yellow. Have tried everything you suggest on the forum, with no success. Am about to start pulling my hair out.Can anyone point me in the right direction.Many Thanks Val Rhodes

smitch6
09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
it sounds like the heads are blocked
but don't try too many head cleans as it only makes it worse after 3 or 4
if that fails try one of the proper cleaners off ebay etc
i bought 1 for £10 and it was terrific highly recommended
sorted my epson heads out a treat

Andrew
09-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Is it a cis or cartridge. If cis is the yellow supply tube okay i.e. no splits etc. This can often be another cause for no ink pulling through. Do you know if ink is entering the head? If it is a stubborn blockage, try positioning the head over a damp paper towel so that the nozzles sit on it and soften any hardened ink. We have used witch hazel to dampen and soften this in the past.

valentine rhodes
09-02-2011, 11:14 PM
I have just printed an a4 sheet of paper in yellow. Have done a test print for all colours , colours came out all except yellow.
so the head cant be blocked? or can it.

Andrew
09-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Are you saying yellow did come out when you printed just yellow?

valentine rhodes
09-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Yes. When i do a nozzle check the yellow wont print.

Andrew
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Did the nozzle check used to print the yellow? Are the standard prints affected? Do you have alternative options for which test prints you do? Some printers have more intensive options.

JSR
09-02-2011, 11:53 PM
If it's printing yellow when you're doing blocks of colour, but not when you're doing the nozzle-check are you sure you're looking closely enough at the paper? When I print nozzle-check patterns on my 1400s, the yellow is almost indiscernible because the lines are so thin. In daylight, and looking really closely, you can see it. Using overhead lights, particularly these useless "economy bulbs", you can't see it at all - but it's there.

One way of checking how good the yellow is would be to print a block of green. Green uses both the cyan and the yellow. If the yellow is patchy, you'll see lines of cyan in the green where the yellow isn't being laid down.

valentine rhodes
09-02-2011, 11:55 PM
When nozzle check was done before i had the trouble,the yellow used to print.Would it do any harm to get magic bullit and give it a clean.

Andrew
09-02-2011, 11:58 PM
I was thinking what JSR mentioned about the lines being very feint on the yellow test but didn't won't to ask that one. Often the obvious ones are overlooked.

JSR
10-02-2011, 12:01 AM
I was thinking what JSR mentioned about the lines being very feint on the yellow test but didn't won't to ask that one. Often the obvious ones are overlooked.

Yes, that's not helped by Epson's nozzle check pattern. When I print nozzle-checks on my Brother printers, they print in nice solid blocks that you can't fail to see.

valentine rhodes
10-02-2011, 12:13 AM
When i done a block of green with a yellow border around it,when i went to print it printed the yellow border and black instead of green.

smitch6
10-02-2011, 09:11 AM
each catridge has its own print heads
and the magi cleaner stuff will never harm your printer its always good to clean them every now and again anyway

valentine rhodes
14-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks for all your help.I got some magic bullet off ebay,and cleaned my epson 1400 up, and its back to normal,Ialso cleaned up my d88, and it`s printing like new.Why is it the printers always play up when you have job`s to do? Once again thanks for your help and many suggetions.
Valentine Rhodes

Claretman
24-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Finally got around to getting my dye sub interest off the ground and just got a bargain on a used Epson 1400! Anyone tell me if I need to purge the printer before using dye sub inks as its been using pigment ink (and if so how would I do it HELP)?

Next anyone know of a good supplier for a dye sub CISS for the Ep[son 1400? Any help for a newbie would be very much appreciated.

bms
24-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Finally got around to getting my dye sub interest off the ground and just got a bargain on a used Epson 1400! Anyone tell me if I need to purge the printer before using dye sub inks as its been using pigment ink (and if so how would I do it HELP)?

Next anyone know of a good supplier for a dye sub CISS for the Ep[son 1400? Any help for a newbie would be very much appreciated.

Assuming the 1400 works perfectly with the inks in it at present then you won't need to purge. A couple of head cleans when installing the sublimation inks will be sufficient.

We have the 1400 Artainium EasyFlow systems in stock and if you're quick you can have it tomorrow still!
http://www.printerowners.co.uk/hardware-equipment/193/artainium-easyflow-systems-printers.htm

Claretman
26-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi many thanks for the advice will visit the website - cheers m8!