PDA

View Full Version : Complete Novice Ricoh 3300

ALAN G
11-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Hello everyone. Hope you dont mind have more than one question.
Have just bought ricoh 3300... The blues are not coming out very well on the mugs. The reds oranges yellows etc are great but blue shades are too dark almost purple or lighter shades fade.
Some mugs are faded at the bottom of the design and other have sort of faded stripes through them. This is all the info from the printer (don't know what any of it means though:confused:) I'm hoping that one of you lovely people out there can help.
I am using photoshop 9: no colour management.

Photoshop elements manage colour
Image Space: sRGBIEC61966-2.1
Printer Profile: Adobe RGB
Rendering Intent: Relative Colourmetric

I dont know how to or even if i should disable colour management in printer preference.

p.s where can i get some more mugs :redface:

grateful for any info
Alan

bms
11-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi,

Are you using the PowerDriver software to print? That would make life easy for you - full details are supplied on the CD with the Ricoh printers. If you are using PowerDriver then the software package you use makes no difference.

As for mugs... (see the footer below:biggrin:!)

JSR
11-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't have a Ricoh 3300, but from what I've read, shouldn't you be using the PowerDriver software that comes with the Sawgrass ink?

There's a video on YouTube showing you how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KKuj3l4hrs

Does this help at all?

munk3y
11-02-2011, 04:01 PM
defo recommend BMS for more mugs http://www.printerowners.co.ukk
european ones are my preffered, never had any problems, and done 1000's over the years. ive tried quite a few other suppliers but the european mugs at BMS are by miles the best ive used.

ALAN G
11-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys for the prompt replies. Had picked the wrong option when goin to print 3300 instead of powerdriver option.

Should i pick ceramic in the printer pref for this?

Martin will def be checking you out for mugs. Great service for the printer Dorset to Perth in 1 day ;)