PDA

View Full Version : Yellowing on Subli Tee

Justin
11-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Just printed a subli tee and got a yellow haze around a couple of the edges. Initially thought it looked like a scorch mark so checked the press and did a few more test prints. Markings appear to be in the same place every time I print. (Even if I resize the print)

I printed on another printer and the marks didn't appear. This should isolate the problem to my first printer so I'm wondering if this could be over spray on the yellow?

Checked all the other usual possibilities but I'm pretty much sure it's something to do with the actual printer. Even tried 2 different papers as I was testing my own 'hint & tip' of tearing the edges to get rid of the paper mark (which bloody well worked as well!)

jennywren
11-02-2011, 11:27 PM
When I have marks that I can't see and can't find the fault. I have often found it I check the image in photo shop and go into layer style and use the stroke and I am have on a few occasions found marks that I can not see but the stroke show it up, its worth a try. Hope this makes sense

Gordon
28-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Hi I have the same prob with Mug's. never thought it was my printer but my mug press/paper.?
have you had to same?.

Justin
28-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Not seen it on anything else but tbh not used the 1400 much since this happened, need to do some more tests

smitch6
28-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi gordon glad to see a fellow Norfolk member ;)

Gordon
01-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi smitch6, thank you, I was a member before, back in Aug 10, but to be honest, well the new site is much better for me, I'm in Cromer where would you be?, ;)

Gordon
01-03-2011, 01:48 PM
can you tell me how to upload a pic please?

thanks gordon.

smitch6
01-03-2011, 06:54 PM
you need to go advanced then upload it to the server then insert it in-line lol

its a little complicated but once you've done it a few times its easy

i'm south norfolk near beccles, and actually at waveney river centre :)

Justin
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Or, just click on the insert image in the quick reply box.

smitch6
01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
well i never knew that was there rofl
you learn sumthing new every day lol

bms
01-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi I have the same prob with Mug's. never thought it was my printer but my mug press/paper.?
have you had to same?.

This is a difficult one to confirm where the problem lies, but the printer must be printing yellow for you to get the yellow bloom around the image. Our 1400 exhibited the same issue some time ago and this was corrected by doing lots of things, but I'm not sure which one eventually cured the problem but I believe it to be the last thing we tried.

Tried head cleaning, numerous head alignments, re-priming the cartridges, putting in genuine carts and putting back re-primed system and in the end replaced the cart & tube assembly. Also tried different time/ temp combinations. Finally the problem has been eliminated and this has been put down to a new cart & tube assembly.

Justin
01-03-2011, 08:37 PM
This is the second cart & tube assembly fitted to the CIS. I need to run a few more tests, didn't notice anything until after it was printed and I'm not 100% convinced at the moment.

Justin
15-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Update to this problem. Just printing some place-mats and the problem appears to be exactly the same, yellow haze around the printed image :-(

Gordon
16-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Hi Guy's, I think it is the paper and not the ink's, try a new pice from a diffrent box, ??????????/.

Justin
16-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Already discounted the paper :-(

TipTop T's
17-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I had the exact same problem finding a yellow haze around some print colours/images. When I found Martins entry I replaced the cart and tube assembly and the problem went away. That was 6 weeks ago and the problem has not returned ---- yet!!

Fidget242
17-05-2011, 12:59 PM
We've had this a few times over the last 6 months on one of our Epson 1400 printers, mainly on t-shirts and aprons etc. We've never figured out what causes it though and it is a right pain, generally it goes away on its own after a few days of leaving it alone. Thankfully we have another 1400 which so far has never done this, would love to find out what it is and what causes it once and for all!

We have been blaming the damp conditions in our workshop over the winter, but maybe it isn't the damp when other people are experiencing the same thing?

Gordon
17-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi All, it is the same for me, it come's & go's, we also blamed damp?????. it all so happens if we heatpress a plane sheet of paper (a sheet thats not even see our printer) I dont think it is the printer or the inks but you can only say as you find,,,,,,, mugs are my wose thing.,

Justin
17-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I put refil carts in and havn't seen the problem appear but will keep checking.

John G
18-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I had a similar problem with stored Ricoh prints - they went into a box for storage and the print was perfectly sharp - opened the box a few months later and there was a yellow tinge around everything. I've put this down to dampness on the paper as my unit doesn't have any heating so can get a bit cold - I also don't store my prints for any length of time now.

TipTop T's
01-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Back in May I said the new cart tube assembly had got rid of the problem ----- it's back!!!. I am now able to make it happen by trying to print text in shades of grey ranging from 30% black to 80% black in CMYK. I tried RGB equivalent and still had the same problem. I've found I have to go as low as 15% and high as 88% before the haze goes away. Weird!!!!!! Personally I found my old Epson 1290 far less problematic compared to the 1400.