PDA

View Full Version : Graphtec CE5000-60 Problem

gstk
12-02-2011, 06:04 PM
On the old forum I posted about my cutter not being able to change settings. Martin (BMS) offered some advice about trying heating the switch panel. It didnt work unfortunately. I spoke to Graphtec and they wanted £250 callout (They are in North Wales) and it was probably the mainboard on the cutter which was about £400. Now considering its barely 3 years old and not been worked that hard I think thats poor. On googling fixes I came across the Graphtec site which states "Buying Graphtec ensures you have a machine that will work hard for many years" That incensed me a bit so I sent a email about my grievance.

To their credit I got a phone call about an hour later and a nice chap talked me through updating the firmware on the graphtec. He seemed to remember a machine doing similar. It turned out my firmware was V1.01 and the latest is 3.21. Updated the firmware (I have instructions if anyone needs them) and hey presto all fully working!! Just a shame I had to complain before any action. If you have a graphtec ce5000-60 I suggest you check your firmware version.

bms
14-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Always good to hear that such machinery is upgradeable with new firmware. Do Graphtec have these firmware downloads on their site in a easily accessible area (and say what each does over the other versions)?

Stitch Up
14-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes, you can download here: http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/