PDA

View Full Version : mini screen printing machine

jennywren
12-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Just flicking though the web and came across this, it look quite good, but not knowing anything about screen printing , i was wondering if this was good for a start up www.mini-x.co.uk, would value your opinions and feedback,

Ian M
12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
It looks okish but, I wouldn't buy one. I was a screen printer many years ago when I left school & was involved in screen printing one way or another right up to around 11 years ago.

Screen printing is not as easy as a lot of people think & it can be quite a steep learning curve being honest. I'd love to see someone print baloons with that kit & some of the other items they list.

This bit makes me laugh & say ouch, 1kg Degrease paste £22.00+VAT as we always used either bleach or caustic soda to degrease screens which is a lot cheaper.

JohnG would be the best person to ask but, I wouldn't buy it.

Ian

John G
12-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Same as Ian - we used bleach or fairy liquid to degrease with an occasional caustic soda for the ghost images or for new screens.

The kit is a start up but if your interested your far better off buying a carousel or even a small hand bench for the same money off ebay. Saw a lovely 6 colour, 4 station carousel sell on ebay for 0nly £495 - now thats a bargain. Anoth auction had a small hand bench on ebay for around £500.00 - light boxes can be knocked up in half an hour out of mdf, sheet of glass and a good bulb.

Cheers john

Ian M
12-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Saw a lovely 6 colour, 4 station carousel sell on ebay for 0nly £495 - now thats a bargain. Another auction had a small hand bench on ebay for around £500.00

WOW! now that is what I call real bargains.

One other thing about that kit is I'd have thought they would have included plasters for your forehead from hitting the light unit.

Ian :biggrin:

jennywren
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I may no nothing about screen printing but even I thought the balloon a step to far and brought a smile to my lips, it is something I thought about, and found a site wicked or something like that, ebay is good if you know what you are doing and buying, and you do get good bargains on there, loved the remark about the plaster, see that would not occurred to me, could you post a link to the ebay account. I have been reading for the past six months and thought it would be to buy a small kit to see if it suitable for me. What is hand bench.

John G
13-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Hi, A carousel is to print t'shirts and a hand bench for flat media such as paper, card, vinyl etc - anything flat really. It also has a vacuum to hold the article down on the bench while printing.

Paul
13-02-2011, 10:03 AM
here is http://www.wickedprintingstuff.com/kits__presses_C137.html
I got one color press as I was doing only slogans shirt. i am not use it any more so if you want I can sell to you :)

jennywren
13-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Funny i had a lo I'll loook at them last night and thought they looked good and was just about to put the link on here, yes I'm interested will pm thanks,

dazarooney
12-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Funny i had a lo I'll loook at them last night and thought they looked good and was just about to put the link on here, yes I'm interested will pm thanks,

Did you buy that one in the end? I'm on the lookout for one myself.

jennywren
12-04-2011, 12:43 PM
no I did'nt as there was so much going on, have moved into a shop and I have started to look around once again as there are a couple of thing that I need to buy, a screen printer and printer/cutter

2manymugz
30-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Believe it or not, it's not actualy too tricky to build your own hand-bench! Still have my home made effort and it does get used every now and then. It even has a vacuum! much much cheaper than buying one and really not too hard to build either!

John G
30-06-2011, 08:06 PM
I have a decent 40 x 30 hand bench but am tempted to knock up a small vac bench attachment for my carousel - would love to see photo's of your homemade one to give me some ideas. I know basically what i'm thinking of doing - just wondered if you have done the same.

Cheers John