PDA

View Full Version : What is Visi-Sub?

JSR
30-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Browsing some suppliers' websites today (Subli Supplies, Dom Global, etc), I see them selling "Sawgrass-licensed" ink called Visi-Sub.

First time I've heard of it, and I can't find it on the Sawgrass website (http://www.sawgrasseurope.com/v.php?pg=24).

Anyone used it before?

Paul
30-11-2009, 03:32 PM
it look like some high definition ink (?)

thats what I found http://www.visi-sub.com/

JSR
30-11-2009, 03:45 PM
it look like some high definition ink (?)

thats what I found http://www.visi-sub.com/
Unfortunately, there's precious little information on that website. The domain was registered just a few months ago (March) and a sister site was registered in July - both registered for one year only.

The website just lists printers and capacities, and has a couple of small pictures - it doesn't matter whether you select "Visi-Sub Europe", "Visi-Sub US", or "Visi-Sub Ricoh".

Clicking "buy now" just links to two suppliers - one of which is "transfersupplies.co.uk" which was registered in February for the minimum period, too. And, as I say, there's nothing about this "Sawgrass-licensed" product on Sawgrass's own website.

Seems odd that these suppliers aren't offering the standard Artanium but are selling this all-new "Visi-Sub", about which there's so little information.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but, on the other shoe, if it's a real alternative to Artanium it would be nice to know a bit more about it.

jennywren
02-12-2009, 10:05 PM
If you like I'll ask my brother as in has his own bussiness in computer and ink supplies it will take a couple of days. If anyone will know he will, he's always asking me to test things,

JSR
02-12-2009, 11:17 PM
It would be interesting to learn if it is a new Sawgrass product, and if it's meant to replace Artanium.

Seems odd that Sawgrass need quite so many inks in their range. It reminds me of those old toothpaste adverts which always said that their's were better than everyone else's, and you learn that they're all made by the same company. So they make bad ones do they?

Sawgrass already offer about four different brands of ink. Are they all so bad that they need a fifth?

purpledragon
02-12-2009, 11:44 PM
if it aint broke fix it until it is

NIGELG
03-12-2009, 12:31 AM
apparently the guy that has created these new products is the guy who ran tropical graphics in the states he is a uk guy and was part of the development team before all the sublimation inks came under the banner of sawgrass............so the products should be good as the guy knows his stuff :shock: :shock:

bms
03-12-2009, 09:14 PM
This ink is nothing different I can assure everyone of that. The name is different but the ink inside the box is the same.

Justin
03-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I have it on very good authority that VisiSub is simply another name being given to Artainium in the same way that Xpres brand their Artainium ink as SubliPrint.

Justin :-)

Paul
03-12-2009, 09:50 PM
but why artanium name this same ink with diferent name? marketing move?

JSR
03-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Seems genuinely silly to come up with a new name for a well-established brand name like Artanium.

It'd be like everyone understanding exactly what "RN Coated" means and then someone comes up with their own generic brand name for it... Oh, ooops... ;)

Perhaps Coca-Cola should bring out a new drink called "Fisi-Water" and fill it with the same stuff. Makes about as much sense... :roll:

If it was all called "Artanium", then we'd know it was interchangeable and buy it. As it is, there are probably lots of Artanium users out there that won't touch "Visi-Sub" because they don't want to mix brands. Can the dye-sub market place really stand so many different names for the same thing without anyone knowing about it?

bms
04-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Look at this another way JSR. If you do buy a Visi-Sub system then you're unlikely to buy another "brand" of ink so it builds loyalty (or ties you to that supplier). As Justin comments - Subliprint and Artainium are the same so who always buys subliprint inks on the basis that Artainium ink is different!

JSR
04-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Look at this another way JSR. If you do buy a Visi-Sub system then you're unlikely to buy another "brand" of ink so it builds loyalty (or ties you to that supplier). As Justin comments - Subliprint and Artainium are the same so who always buys subliprint inks on the basis that Artainium ink is different!
I'm sure you're right. Just seems daft to me, though. Inventing a new brand-name intending to lock-in the unwary seems like sneaky tricks to me.

When I saw Visi-Sub, I thought "it's not Artanium, I don't want it" (especially as it's not on the Sawgrass website). Normally, if I needed more ink for my printer, and I also needed a bunch of other items, I'd buy the whole lot from someone who sells Artanium - due to saving postage costs (the ink is expensive enough without having almost £10 added to a tiny bottle for shipping costs). The suppliers who decide to sell the hitherto unknown "Visi-Sub" instead of Artanium have lost not just the sale of ink, but the entire sale. Seems daft that this makes them more money than selling Artanium in the first place.

accdave
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
[Normally, if I needed more ink for my printer, and I also needed a bunch of other items, I'd buy the whole lot from someone who sells Artanium - due to saving postage costs (the ink is expensive enough without having almost £10 added to a tiny bottle for shipping costs). The suppliers who decide to sell the hitherto unknown "Visi-Sub" instead of Artanium have lost not just the sale of ink, but the entire sale.

Same here.

bms
04-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Inventing a new brand-name intending to lock-in the unwary seems like sneaky tricks to me
I think, regretably, there is something in that http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/suspect.gif