PDA

View Full Version : Glossy sticker paper

rossikey
14-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Can anyone advise me on some good quality sticker paper for the craft robo...I ordered some sticker paper but it's got like a matt finish to it and i want a glossy finish...

bms
14-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Do you want to print on it or just have white glossy material?

rossikey
21-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Do you want to print on it or just have white glossy material?

Hi Martin..

No i wish to print on it and put it thru robo cutter so we can just take one off as and when..

I wish to do my son some stickers with his name on for his racing.....i bought some glossy paper off "the transfer press" but it isn't glossy at all..

It's for named decals...

Hope u can help..?

bms
21-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks. The laser vinyl material will probably be too matt for you then as it has a sheen, but not glossy. The sublimation vinyl we do is glossy but getting registration mark line up will be tricky as it will be printed in reverse and then pressed onto the sublimation vinyl. There is a glossy inkjet vinyl (but not good when it gets wet as the top layer comes away from the bottom sticky part). We don't sell anything that is very glossy, durable and easy to go through the Craft ROBO. You could use the sublimation vinyl but I'd suggest you cut the shapes first and then press the images onto the cut pieces, either on the full sheet or in pieces.

Stitch Up
21-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi Rossi

If you need some self adhesive labels for external use, we could produce some for you.

We use a Gerber Edge FX for doing this type of stuff.

This video just shows the small labels we can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwQIjOhv6jc

John

draig
21-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Can anyone advise me on some good quality sticker paper for the craft robo...I ordered some sticker paper but it's got like a matt finish to it and i want a glossy finish...
Can't you laminate a top layer of clear gloss vinyl before sending down to CR. This will also help to protect the print.

Sharon

draig
21-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Another couple of places you could try are (if you are using a laser printer)

www.consumablemad.co.uk
www.grafityp.co.uk

Sharon

logobear
02-03-2011, 11:20 PM
There are some excellent laser materials that will do this from the magic touch, part of their CL media range I think.....?
If you print it from thier magicut software using a cutter with magic eye you can line up the registration marks and cut out the shape.
Alternatively, you need a mimaki or Roland printer cutter!
Phil

printchesco
30-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Here's a lot of options for you for your sticker papers. You can look through them and see what fits your needs the most. You don't even have to order them online since it's an easy thing to search for paper stores near you that you can turn to for help. http://www.google.com/search?q=glossy+sticker+papers&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=626&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=bx5ST-2zDsueiAeXiaHcCw&ved=0CEkQrQQ