PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody got Coralgraph or Lovecut standard swing press?

jimsters
15-02-2011, 01:56 AM
hi

lovecut and coralgraph appear to have the same presses however they could be from different suppliers.

ive read the discussions on lovecut, but has anybody actually got the standard swing press from either company and what do you think of it?

i know the BMS one comes highly recommended however its more expensive.
just want to make sure before i make a purchase.

thanks

DREAMGLASS
15-02-2011, 08:43 AM
As with everything from China you take your chances. Some people have had presses that have expired after a few hours use and others (like myself) have had long use from Chinese made presses.

Expect poorly finished edges, incomplete powder coating and loose/odd bolts as part of the package, but having said that, they are a low cost way to get into print. One of my swingaway presses that came from Lovecut still works ok and I have a mug press that came from Coralgraph that is also working without problems.

A lot of vendors sell the same presses, albeit often with a different name and a wide variance in prices.

mrs maggot
15-02-2011, 09:22 AM
A lot of vendors sell the same presses, albeit often with a different name and a wide variance in prices.
and almost all of them will offer better aftercare than said "lovely" company

DREAMGLASS
15-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Sadly it's not just one company out there that could do with better customer services. I contacted two UK based suppliers last October with a view to buying a premium brand press. Both presses were US made and all I asked was whether they had them in stock and whether parts were available in the UK. Neither of them bothered to reply, so I assumed they didn't want to know if anything went wrong with them once sold. Likewise another 'premium' supplier sent me a mug press with a substantial 'ding' on the casing and a spare blanket with totally the wrong connections. The 'ding' was in the middle of the carton so not caused by transit damage. I contacted the seller and pointed out that whilst I would accept the damaged casing, would it be possible to have a blanket with the correct connectors on. They never came back to me, so I have never given them any more business.

Some suppliers choose to go selectively deaf when it suits their needs.

John G
15-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Agree with Dreamglass for the poor quality. I bought a swing away press from Lovecut, it arrived damaged, the casing was twisted so when using the handle it caught and also the temp gauge was hanging out. Didn't get much luck with phone calls to Lovecut and basically he wanted me to pay for it to go back and wasn't very helpful at all. Well the weight would make it quite expensive to send back so put it down to a lesson learned and would never buy from them again. Took a few of the screws off the top casing and bent it back to shape - it still catches now but not as bad and the temp gauge is still loose now but put back in its hole.

Thats the bad points

The good points, the heat plate is flat and it heats to the right temp, its also much better than the Chinese clam press I was using. Pressure is good and easily adjustable and the swing away is a bonus.

You get what you pay for with presses - if you want something reliable that comes out of the box in perfect order, lasts a lifetime and has telephone backup - buy a name brand. If your budget is limited and you would be happy with a few years out of a press then Lovecut would be the way to go.

My mug press is from Coralgraph and its been working perfectly. I would buy from them again as you can always get hold of Henry by phone/email and any problems have always been sorted out immediately.

Paul
15-02-2011, 12:01 PM
hi dreamglass. Can you explain what you mean by "premium suppliers"? Thanks.

DREAMGLASS
15-02-2011, 01:45 PM
A premium supplier is someone that carries regular stock items, usually from known manufacturers, as opposed to the casual suppliers that randomly appear on eBay and elsewhere.

Paul
15-02-2011, 06:14 PM
thanks mate ;) now I know who you mean i think ;)

Coralgraph
20-02-2011, 01:06 AM
we are not associated in any way with Lovecut or any other "premium" supplier in the UK .Altough we are in present on portals like Ebay or Amazon the majority of our sales are comes through our website .We are in present on EBay for 6 years with over 16000sales and over 10000 feedbacks as you can see we are not a hit and run ebay sellers,if you need any help or info regarding our products please dont hesitate to contact us by phone or email .As John mentioned we have customer service line open from mon-fri and we do answer for any email within 24 hours even on the weekend .All of our presse are come with a warranty and a full tech support.I read many bad post regarding other sellers products and i though i need to clarify this once for all

DREAMGLASS
20-02-2011, 09:56 AM
I have dealt with Henry from Coralgraph in the past, mainly for mugs, but I have also purchased a mug press from him and despite the low prices he sells his items at, I have always found his customer service and willingness to help far better than some suppliers selling premium 'brand name' equipment at far higher prices.

Lovecut seemed to have improved over the last few months and the press I bought from them in October was delivered next morning and works absolutely fine. What their customer service is like now if something goes wrong, only someone who has had RECENT experience with them can tell you that.

Whilst some of the suppliers selling premium 'brand name' equipment are quick to rubbish those selling machines from China, their own customer service oftens leaves a lot to be desired.