PDA

View Full Version : Printing onto a Whisky Bottle

Justin
16-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Latest crazy request. Customer is looking to have a photo put onto a whisky bottle. I don't think they know exactly what they want really. Easiest option I can see would be to do some sort of label/sticker but I think they're hoping for more!

Anyone offer up any magic solution on this one please?

Andrew
16-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I've learnt a special technique for many of these crazy requests that people come up with. I never used to use this option but I find this technique saves me time and money......... I tell them no!

I used to spend soo much time in the past catering for every whim. It was to easy to say yes to everything then go chasing your tail for next to nothing.

Justin
16-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Sure, I have been known to use that technique. This is a special request though. They've been warned 'if' anything can be done it will be very expensive as a one off but still want me to get some ideas together. I don't mind spending a bit of time discussing it on here but won't get wrapped up in it!

bms
16-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Water Slide decal paper? It's clear so the white part of the picture will be the colour of the whisky...

Andrew
16-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Do you have a few pieces to test or is it just one to nail first time?

You have the digicoat sprays to lay down a white/opaque backing and then the polyester coating for subli printing. Waterslide would be simplest I would have thought but there is alos ethcing if you don't need colour. Does it need to be durable?

Andrew
16-02-2011, 09:20 PM
How about that waterproof vinyl stuff that can be printed?Someone on here mentioned it before.

Justin
16-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Water Slide decal paper? It's clear so the white part of the picture will be the colour of the whisky...

Did wonder about this. I'm not going to get involved with testing all sorts of things out. I've told them I'll outsource and it'll cost, not spending days and £££'s just to be told they don't like it. Just thought I'd ask on here if anyone can do them :-)

GoldRapt
09-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Did you do this in the end please Justin, and if so what technique did you use please?

Paul
09-09-2011, 12:00 PM
how about can of digi coat?? you can spray it with white and the sublimate. you can see through the bottle like through chopping boards etc... may be idea...

Justin
09-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Never completed the job. Looked into several ways of printing as customer wanted printing onto the bottle itself. When I confirmed it may be possible but very expensive as a one off, I suggested making a label for it.....They then turned around and said, Oh yes, it's only a label we wanted!!!!!

Paul
09-09-2011, 08:24 PM
:rolleyes: you smacked him did you??

Justin
09-09-2011, 09:47 PM
It's all so tempting ;-)

mrs maggot
13-09-2011, 10:45 AM
so Justin the lesson you have learnt from this is to ask more detail in the first place ??

When I confirmed it may be possible but very expensive as a one off, I suggested making a label for it.....They then turned around and said, Oh yes, it's only a label we wanted!!!!!