PDA

View Full Version : Arghhhhhhh this is driving me nuts!!!

baz
17-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi fellow Subbers,

Firstly thanks to Paul, Justin, Jonathan and Scott for all their help regarding profiles the last couple of days. Although the 1100 & 1400 profiles output a nice detailed image with good strong colours, I still have the problem of printing Black.

I have been trying to print a montage of animals. All colours are correct except for a tiger. His colouring is fine on screen but prints to paper/mug soooo washed out and the blacks are none existent instead printing dark blue. I have always printed onto 'photo quality inkjet paper with excellent results however I have this morning experimented with Trupix (kindly supplied by Scott) but to no avail the problem still exists, Arghhhh!

I know you will ask my set up is as follows:

I work on a mac/I use Photoshop CS2

I output files with the recommended settings ie Epson Matte/Photo Setting with no colour correction.

I do not use a mug press but a conventional 'fan assisted' convection oven (used them for 8 years). Mugs are wrapped via 'cactus silicon wraps'. 1 x mug is cooked for 12 minutes @ 220 degrees (normally in production 9 @ 220 degrees for 25/26 minutes).

Any suggestions, tips advice would be gratefully received before I go stark raving bonkers.

Thanks
Kevin.

smitch6
17-02-2011, 04:30 PM
if every other image is ok i'd check the tiger image 1st

Paul
17-02-2011, 05:02 PM
an you tell us what settings you use in PS??
thats what you should have if useing my profile:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7203/screenhunter01apr291557.jpg

baz
17-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Paul

Just sent you a pm and yes my settings are identical to yours except I do not have a tick box for "compensate for scene-referred profiles" maybe I am using a different version of PS, mines CS2.

Cheers, speak on Monday.

Smitch you maybe right, was thinking along those lines myself will try printing the image on it's own. thanks