PDA

View Full Version : Hello.......again

01-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi all,

Haven't been around the sublimation forums for the last 3 months and decide to take a look around again only to find PPP gone. What happened?

I can't remember my user name there right now but was also a member of Sublination before that wne the same way. Am a member on another forum as well but don't like it there that much. It would be nice if we could actually get a decent Subli forum that sticks around for a while and then builds up the member base so it gets busy.

Anyway, I'll pop in now an then to see what's happening here.

Good luck all,

Andrew

Andrew
01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
apparently wasn't logged in on that post. Username is not really "1" lol

JSR
01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the forum

I didn't realise PPP had gone. The other day I couldn't get through to it but it came back after a couple of hours.

I've just tried to go there now and all I get is this -

The site personalisedprintingportal.co.uk has been disabled. Please contact support.The domain seems to redirect to: http://79.170.40.8/inactive.cgi?site=personalisedprintingportal.co.uk

It's good to know that everyone was kept informed as to what was going on (again) - not! (again).

Thank goodness for this forum!

Andrew
01-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Both the .com and .co.uk ppp domains are still registered to Kevin. As I said, haven't been on the forums for a few months so don't know what happened.

JSR
01-12-2009, 12:49 PM
The recent history is that, due to Kevin not really being all that interested in it now the forum had taken a nosedive. To try and counter that, he got someone else involved who agreed to take it over and revamp it - for reasons that remain unclear.

Nothing has happened since and some people became disgruntled with the lack of forthcoming information at what was going on. In an effort to ensure we wouldn't be left without a place to discuss what we need to discuss Justin (JNMann) created this forum and invited us to join.

So we did.

We've pretty much been hoping that it's just a temporary measure until PPP gets sorted out and lets us know what's going on.

Now, as you say, PPP seems to have vanished without anyone knowing why. With everyone left in the dark (wouldn't be the first time), it's a good thing that Justin created this place.

Andrew
01-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Perhaps getting the database from PPP might be an idea to let previous members know there is an alternative option. Obviously, this might cost a bit. I would guess many that registered on PPP were just getting their website advertised and a link for seo. If Kevin or whoever have no intention of bringing back PPP it might also be helpful if when this forum listing comes up on the google/search engine listings, that there is reference to a PPP replacement just to pick up anyone looking.

I found this place mainly from Martin's site BMS which helped.

JSR
01-12-2009, 01:37 PM
The thing is that we don't really know what Kevin's intentions are, or the intentions of the new people, or whether PPP will be coming back. No one knows.

Before this forum started up, existing members did contact Kevin with an offer to over the forum so that he wouldn't need to be involved if that was his choice. I believe they got no reply on the subject and, some considerable time later, Kevin suddenly told us that he'd arranged someone else to take it on. With this in mind, the chances of them providing any information to anyone regarding an alternative forum is probably pretty remote. (A post on the PPP forum with a link to this forum was immediately deleted.)

In many ways it's a shame because, back in the days of Subli-Nation, the forum was a good place to be. Since Subli-Nation went under, it's just not been the same. If anyone's interested, you can find Kevin's current venture at: http://www.searchengine-promotion.co.uk. I wish him every success with it.

Andrew
01-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Bit of a dodgy cut'n'paste image on that site imo.

If that is the case I wouldn't give much more thought to PPP and Kevin. It's happened a couple of times and even if resurrected will probably happen again.

Developing this one further and promotion seems the way forward. After having a look around the threads this type of thing seems to be afoot anyway.

Dye Sublimation is obviously important to people on here so this place is in better hands whilst on this board. The member database will obviously need to grow again but there seem to be plenty of ideas about.

Paul
01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
welcome on board mate! i like the way you think :D enjoy forum and help us build this space.

Justin
01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Welcome in Andrew, good to see you here.

It's still early days for the DSF but we're here to stay and already have a fantastic core of both experienced and new sublimation users all only too keen to share their advice and experiences.

I did offer to work with the PPP whether it be alongside or take over the database etc. but alas this fell onto deaf ears. I set up the DSF as a stop gap until the PPP was back up and running but the feedback I'm getting is that people are happy here, so I think we have to stay :-)

I am led to believe that changes are afoot at the PPP but no updates or timeframes have been issued.

Cheers for now,
Justin

John G
01-12-2009, 08:09 PM
welcome aboard :D

Cheers John