PDA

View Full Version : Hello

magicfingers
23-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Hello there,

my name's Justin and I thought I'd put a little introduction after joining last night. I spent most of the day yesterday ploughing through the forum and learning a huge amount. My girlfriend and I run a little business part time selling embroidered badges to a niche market. We've been coming up with designs we'd like to use on other things and mugs were the first extra product we've decided to add.

I'd been looking at cheap setups to get us started and was close to buying one until I found this forum and started reading all the bad experiences people had had with those setups and the problems with buying from ebay and other sellers. I'm now looking at buying a setup from BMS after a very helpful phone conversation with them yesterday. More expensive to start with but I think better in the long term.

Another thing we'd like to add are T-shirts as my girlfriend has come up with some lovely designs but I'm thinking dyesub may not be the best way to do those as we want to offer cotton ones rather than polyester, so now I have a day ahead of me investigating transfer printing as we already have a colour laser printer in our little home office.

Then I found a link to a company that makes button badge machines and we have ideas for plenty of those. I'm the technical/practical part of our company and my girlfriend is the artistic one, so she's now getting excited about all these new ways to get her designs and ideas out there and, being the practical one, I'm trying to ensure that she doesn't get carried away and spend our meagre profits on too much new equipment.

I'm looking forward to learning from people here and taking part in the community.

J.

mrs maggot
23-02-2011, 11:19 AM
welcome to the forum do you embroider the badges yourself ??

smitch6
23-02-2011, 12:16 PM
welcome Justin hope you can learn a lot here and share yours and our experiences :)

bms
23-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the forum Justin. Glad Scott was able to help yesterday.

Scotty@BMS
23-02-2011, 01:00 PM
I am a joy to converse with, ask Brett he only calls to talk to me. Conversations between us have been ending 'Out of Stock' recently! Haha!

Ian M
23-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi Justin & welcome to the forum.

Ian :biggrin:

bikertec
23-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Hello from Sheffield.

magicfingers
23-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi Laura,

no we have the badges embroidered for us by Franklins in Northern Ireland who, I have to say, have been an absolute joy to deal with. I was amazed at how many companies I originally contacted to get quotes didn't even bother replying. Franklins customer service was head and shoulders above everyone else I contacted.

As a biker myself I've just spent a merry while browsing your site and giggling a lot to myself. Like you, we make badges and, soon to come, other items for a niche adult market, the fetish world. One of the things that has made us happiest is at the fairs and in the forums people have said 'I'm amazed you found a niche that no-one else had thought of'. Maybe one day we can give up the day jobs.

Justin.

Kaz
23-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Hiya and welcome to the forum :)

Justin
23-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi Justin and welcome to the DSF!

Good to have you onboard and great name by the way ;-)

Justin
DSF Admin