PDA

View Full Version : Posting glassware

fredster
25-02-2011, 11:40 PM
any tips and hint son posting out glassware with either postal system or couriers would be greatlt appreciated.
ive recently started to etch glass for myself and friends and who knows ...as another addition to my repertoir but stuck on how to pack this line up for postage ...mugs are pretty standard to post out so just wondered if anyone knows of anything for glasses?
cheers :)

DREAMGLASS
26-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Bubble wrap and polystyrene chips are probably the only viable solution for non standard items. I wouldn't bother with any 'fragile' stickers as I lose track of how many supplies I have arrive in 'dinged' and 'bashed' packaging.

Kaz
26-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Fragile on a packet is like a licence to RM to play footie with it, sadly :(

You need to be really careful with glassware as I don't think it's covered with bog standard 1st class from RM, and I'm sure some of the couriers don't cover for breakages either, unless it's packed to their spec.

But yes, bubblewrap and poly chips inside a sturdy box would be the way to go

fredster
26-02-2011, 02:39 PM
thanx guys
i was a postman years ago so i know what happens in the sorting office... lol they used to play baseball with the poster tubes on night shifts :O

John G
26-02-2011, 06:49 PM
The funny thing is, since I started using fragile tape - all round the mug box, i've never had a broken one delivered.

Paul
26-02-2011, 07:18 PM
It may be stronger tape John :)

John G
26-02-2011, 07:29 PM
that must be it Paul. :biggrin:

Kaz
26-02-2011, 07:46 PM
But how many have you had returned to you John? LOL