PDA

View Full Version : epson s21 printer

hakuna
28-02-2011, 03:04 PM
hi there can anyone tell me where i can download the icc profile for the s21 printer as i saw in one of the posts someone using the d88 profile for this printer.

thanks
hakuna

smitch6
28-02-2011, 03:10 PM
i may be wrong but i'm sure there isn't a dedicated profile for it but most ppl use the D88 profile

but Paul is your man to speak to for profiles

hakuna
28-02-2011, 03:18 PM
thanks for your quick response do you no where i can download this profile

smitch6
28-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Paul is the only one i know that can sort you a profile out
he's the man to speak to as he's a legend with profiles :)

although someone who already has one might be around soon

Paul
28-02-2011, 03:22 PM
you can talk to this gentleman (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/member.php?178-barryslip) :D I created custom ICC a week a go for him and for this same printer so you can try.

Ian M
28-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Paul, I now see you've become a legend, up a few notches from last week. :biggrin:

Paul
28-02-2011, 03:26 PM
lol! ok I am off :)

smitch6
28-02-2011, 03:26 PM
lol
i should of said offer him a donut and he'll be here in a flash

Ian M
28-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Everyone down to Paul's house for free donuts...........woooooo hooooo!

Paul
28-02-2011, 03:59 PM
nooo. You bring some doughnuts and i will sort some vodka out ;) but thats it for now. We dont want to hijack somone else post.

barryslip
01-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi Hakuna

Yes indeed, Paul did create a profile for me last week when I went to see him (he IS real! sorry I forgor the doughnuts!).

I have PM'd you - if you can reply with your email address, I'll send it over to you.

Barry

smitch6
01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
mmmmm wonder what he's like in real life :-? lol

hakuna
23-03-2011, 02:43 AM
hi barry sorry i have not got back to you sooner my email is malcolm.woods1@ntlworld.com this is much appreciated as im having a little bit of trouble with printing blue onto my mugs they come out a lilac color instead blue this is the only color im having problems with hopefuly the profile will help.
thanks
malcolm

debbie
30-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi Hakuna..I made the same mistake of buying an Epson S21...because it was a "cheap way of setting up", I even bought another one thinking it was broken, cleaned it out..personally i would steer clear and buy the real thing....

Paul
30-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi Hakuna..I made the same mistake of buying an Epson S21...because it was a "cheap way of setting up", I even bought another one thinking it was broken, cleaned it out..personally i would steer clear and buy the real thing....

you bought real thing :) but you forgot about icc profile :) you need it to all ink jet printers. And S21 is VERY good in reproducing colours printer so you just can not go wrong for this price. But i would not recomend it for long runs. but as a hobby printer is plenty enough.

Ian M
30-05-2011, 03:16 PM

I've been using a S21 for nearly 2 years now with no problems at all with it. Never had one complaint about colours being wrong & never had a blocked nozzle. Fair enough it might be noisy & a bit slow (might be why we get along so well) but it does a superb job & well worth the money. I also bought it off Ebay complete with the empty CIS.

But, what do I know eh apart from being a bit of a myth exploder.

Justin
30-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Agree entirely with Ians comments, the S21 never fails to amaze me at the reproduction compared to far more expensive printers.

barryslip
30-05-2011, 07:14 PM
I also agree that the S21 is great at it's job. I've had one for a few months now, and only had to do 1 head clean following a 2 week holiday. One clean sorted it all out. I use Rotech ink.

The S21 has reported "ink cartridges cannot be recognised" on a few occasions, but the CIS I have (£25 from Love Cut) resets then chips without the need to remove and re-install the cartridges.

I previously had a D120 which would report "cartridges not recognised" after about every 10 full-page A4 prints (annoying) and would require constant head-cleans costing £'s in ink.

Paul (member on the forum) created me a custom profile, which is mostly fine - it tends to print images with a reddish tinge, but I have learnt to recognise what images will/wont prinit OK. A quick bit of adjusting in Photoshop does the trick. I've another profile to try (email to me via another member) which is claimed to have "not enough red" so I'll try that very soon.

All-in-all, I can't complain about the S21 - except for it's sloooooooooooow speed and the noise!

mrs maggot
30-05-2011, 08:29 PM
i have an SX515w (probably out of date as its more than a month old lol) nice printer, and works well, not too noisy lovely prints. i also have a SX100 which i print using durabrite inks for darkjet printing again lovely printer

debbie
31-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Why didn't you tell this guy how wonderful the S21 was b4 i posted..i'm just saying from personal experience.. I bought from ebay, was not a shop just a guy adapting S21's..it printed great to start with but would have had to buy ink from him...something went tits up.. Didn't think there was a profile for this type of printer either..And Paul..sorry sold my blanks (sun shades)..In the end purchased from BMS a Epson B40w..and ink that's gonna last quite a while...

Paul
31-05-2011, 12:40 AM
no one said here S21 is best printer on the market debbie. we just said that fr the price you can get quality prints. thats all.

Martinx
31-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I use the S21 and the print quality is very good. Getting the best from any printer comes down to a combination of factors, especially for Mugs.

Colour Profile is usually key, but as there wasn't an exact ICC match for this particular printer I used the D88 profile but I still wasn't convinced.

I ended up putting together a colour chart and tried various options and tests to get a close match. I print from Adobe Indesign and feel I have the right combo.

The Paper type option can also play a part. You can get all kinds of options. Plain, gloss, semi-gloss, photo. Again I played with this to fit the requirements of the paper I use (which is Xpress paper from BMS...Love it)

Print quality, again you get options for this, economy, Normal, fine etc. I use the best option for enhanced quality but this uses more ink.

Lastly printer maintenance is paramount. Make sure you go through the cleaning process once a week.

boristrump
31-05-2011, 01:43 PM
could you please give some info on the cleaning process for the epson s21?
I use the S21 and the print quality is very good. Getting the best from any printer comes down to a combination of factors, especially for Mugs.

Colour Profile is usually key, but as there wasn't an exact ICC match for this particular printer I used the D88 profile but I still wasn't convinced.

I ended up putting together a colour chart and tried various options and tests to get a close match. I print from Adobe Indesign and feel I have the right combo.

The Paper type option can also play a part. You can get all kinds of options. Plain, gloss, semi-gloss, photo. Again I played with this to fit the requirements of the paper I use (which is Xpress paper from BMS...Love it)

Print quality, again you get options for this, economy, Normal, fine etc. I use the best option for enhanced quality but this uses more ink.

Lastly printer maintenance is paramount. Make sure you go through the cleaning process once a week.

Martinx
31-05-2011, 02:28 PM
When I say cleaning, I just mean using the print utility facility:
1. Nozzle check
2. Head Cleaning (this does use more ink)
3. Print Head alignment

A common fault with printers can be the printer head clogging. I know there are advanced methods of cleaning like 'flushing' but I'm not in a position to advise as I haven't actually done this. I'm sure there are other members on here who are better placed to give advice.