PDA

View Full Version : Login Timeouts

Andrew
28-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Any idea how long it is before the automatic timeout after you are logged in kicks in. 3 times today now when I am on and off the forum, I have had private messages I have written disappear as it appears I am logged when clicking submit.

Is it just me that gets caught with that?

smitch6
28-02-2011, 10:59 PM
i haven't had to log in since Justin had to re-install everything?

and i have re-started and not been in for over a day once :O

bms
28-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I never get logged out. I'm always logged in when I visit.

Andrew
28-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Hmmmmm? I can be logged in whilst I am doing other things and when I click back on the site I still appear to be logged in. Well I must be logged in as I have gone into my messages to reply to stuff. I write whatever I need to and then I appear to not be logged in when posting. Each time I do it my mails get shorter and more to the point. The recipients will think I and getting rude soon with the way they are reading.

bms
28-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Have to start typing with more than one finger Andrew - system must be thinking your too slow:rolleyes:

Justin
28-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Timeout is currently set to 900 seconds (15 minutes)

Andrew
28-02-2011, 11:10 PM
How is inactivity calculated? On navigation or keystrokes? I can easily be on a mail post for 15mins whilst distracted with other work stuff.

Andrew
28-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Have to start typing with more than one finger Andrew - system must be thinking your too slow:rolleyes:

It's been getting bit of a challenge to complete a mail in time. I've doubled my speed now by using my left hand as well.

Justin
28-02-2011, 11:13 PM
If you are sat idle then it'll log out, I can extend but need to look at other possible associated issues. If in doubt do a quick copy ready to paste in should you lose your post. Or, don't do anything else, just spend every waking hour here on the forum ;-)

Andrew
28-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks Justin. I try to limit my time here unfortunately as so busy right now. I should try and remember to save a copy but always rushing. I did get the back button to take me back once but that must have been pot luck. No big deal anyway.

smitch6
28-02-2011, 11:17 PM
funny that Justin because i've been in-active for longer than 15mins and its never logged me out thankfully

i'd get upset if i got booted ;)

and on my forum users stay logged in as long as they are still on-line
although the admin side i have to log in every 10 mins while doing stuff whether active or not, its a real pain

Andrew
28-02-2011, 11:27 PM
It only seems to happen on PM's.