PDA

View Full Version : stone colour shirts on heat press - plastisol transfers

mrs maggot
02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
I did some pastisol transfers on some stone shirts the otherday Absolute and FOTL, i pressed them as i do the other colours i was doing red & black, i press them double, ie i dont spread the back out over the platen only.

plastisol no pre press, then just 8 secs

now i have a faded patch on the otherside of the shirt, where the transfer would have been - if that makes sense, not on the inside, but the otherside as i pressed it double thickness, never had this on any other colour, looks like its faded but pulled the other colour through. i use a teflon sheet.

I am wondering, if when the moisture comes up, as there is no pre-press with plastisol, its kind of bleached out the colour for somereason - bizzarre and expensive, as i can only sell them as seconds.

John G
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Could be what ever they have thinned the ink down with. Try pressing the back only, as in feed the platen into the shirt, it may disappear, then again - it may not. Worth a try though

mrs maggot
02-03-2011, 06:17 PM
mmm, i thought i would give that a try, but it will then leave the 2nd pressed side "faded" in a big square perhaps - will report back, they are my normal american commercial designs, never had this problem with any other colour - only noticed it when i was folding the whole completed lot up for bagging grrrrr mumble mumble lol