PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Michigan!

rich b
03-03-2011, 01:45 PM
I''ve been lurking for a while reading and learning from all of you so it's time to jump in and say hello! I started about a year ago with a button machine creating pin-back buttons for my sons high-school band program, that quickly exploded from band to sports and many other school related designs. A couple months ago I started thinking what else I could do with all the designs I had when I remembered that a buddy of mine had made cool mugs and steins for my homebrew club back in the mid 90's. Lo and behold he still ahd the mug press (an Xpres press, 300?) It was dusty and sitting in his basement so he was glad to pass it on to me. I then started researching all the printer options and after a great conversation with David @ Conde bought the Ricoh 3300 and LOVE IT! My first few mugs were horrible, the mugs were leftovers from my buddy and the paper stuck to the mugs so either the coating was only designed for laser transfers or had degraded over time and just not suitable. So I bought a couple cases of 11oz mugs and have been playing with various logos and designs and finally feel comfortable with Photoshop Elements, ICC profiles & Sublimation in general. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I roll along here and hope to post some photos soon as well. Love thsi forum so far, thanks!

Rich B

mrs maggot
03-03-2011, 02:00 PM
welcome from across the pond :)

Paul
03-03-2011, 02:21 PM
hi Rich! Welcome on forum mate! Hope to speek to you more soon.

smitch6
03-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi Rich glad you finally joined and are posting :)

Kaz
03-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Hiya and welcome to the forum :)

bms
03-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the forum Rich :)

AdamB
03-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome Rich .................. my brother is also called Rich ............ and also has a Surname starting with B - my my, what a small world we all live in :-)