PDA

View Full Version : MUG OVEN COOKING Temperature and times - Help !!!

MUGS09
03-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi Guys

I need your urgent HELP. I need to know the temp. and times for cooking mugs in an oven (like the one sold by sublisupplies). I am currently doing them at 20 minutes @ 240 degrees for the first lot (4), and they come out great. Problem is with the second lot which I am doing at 15 minutes at the same temp. and they are coming out too cooked. I need your opinions before I waste too many mugs. Thanks

jennywren
03-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I use the mug all the time (subisupplies) We have the temp at 210 for 20 mins and then keep it the same temp but for 15, this works for us.

MUGS09
15-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks Jenny. Will give it a try.

Dick
15-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I find time is not that important so long as you give it enough. Its temperature that is very important - so unless you can measure temp, cook a mug for about 20mins, then adjust temp up or down depending on result. To save wasting mugs, choose a small colourful image with lots of contrast, then you can reprint the same image to see the difference on the same mug. Ok you are going to waste one or two mugs but you will get to know your oven!
Dick

swimwivsquid
15-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I bought an oven thermometer which I leave in the oven so that I can monitor the temp all the time. That way you can adjust the control if it undershoots or overshoots.

MUGS09
20-03-2011, 04:40 PM
I've been printing a logo in solid blue. If I use lower temperatures like 200 0r 220, they have been coming out less cooked. So I raised the temperature to 240 cooking at 20 minutes. Result- FANTASTIC. I then lower the time for the next lot to 15 minutes. I guess this applies only for solid colours coz I normally cook full colour mugs at 200 at 25 for first lot. It would be great to hear from others what temperatures they use for single solid colours. Hey SQUID, where did you buy your oven thermometer? I might be helpful.

swimwivsquid
20-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey SQUID, where did you buy your oven thermometer? I might be helpful.

I bought it here in Grenada at a store called ACE but I would think that a good cookery shop would have them. Its just a stainless steel with alchohol thermometer with a range that covers the 400 degrees. I leave it in the oven on the shelf so that I can monitor the temp through the glass window in the door. Its surprising how out the calibration on the oven is.......

dan...
22-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I've just started testing with my oven without using a wrap, 1 mug with paper wrapped round and tape holding it, 8 minutes at 200 according to the thermometer inside that i bought from robert dyers.

anyone have anything to add to this? maybe you've tried it, i'm trying to get the best possible result with the shortest amount of time.

Paul
22-03-2011, 09:46 PM
anyone have anything to add to this? maybe you've tried it, i'm trying to get the best possible result with the shortest amount of time.

pay someone else to do it foryou :)
sorry. will shut up now :)

swimwivsquid
23-03-2011, 12:14 AM
I've just started testing with my oven without using a wrap, 1 mug with paper wrapped round and tape holding it, 8 minutes at 200 according to the thermometer inside that i bought from robert dyers.

That sounds about right, just make sure that the paper is tight against the mug and over tape if need be. I find that the best position for the mugs in the oven like this is on the side with the handle through the gaps in the shelf.

boristrump
13-05-2011, 11:49 AM
hi the temp mentioned 240 degrees is that in celcius? i thought mugs done in ordinary ovens should be cook at 400 farnheit for 15 mins?
sorry to ask this folks im going to try out but need some info here from oven user's info thanks
Hi Guys

I need your urgent HELP. I need to know the temp. and times for cooking mugs in an oven (like the one sold by sublisupplies). I am currently doing them at 20 minutes @ 240 degrees for the first lot (4), and they come out great. Problem is with the second lot which I am doing at 15 minutes at the same temp. and they are coming out too cooked. I need your opinions before I waste too many mugs. Thanks

mgibbs
13-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Boris

Yes the 240 degrees is celcius

Mark