PDA

View Full Version : new here, looking to grow business and could do with some help :D

nickohorny
03-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone

Glad I found this site, my dad has been doing some sublimation for a few years as part of his retail business, mainly just mugs and tshirts. I am getting more involved with the sublimation side now and so trying to gain a better knowledge and source new products. Just have a few questions as my dad has never really looked elsewhere for stuff - just used a supplier and be done. But I would like to know what the difference is in the mugs? I have read there is different quality/types. So before I go looking for cheaper suppliers I suppose I'm asking what are the better quality? we use standard 11oz plain white, not sure of surface, just always used novachrome so not sure what there mugs are.

I have seen it is cheaper on ebay with lower delivery charge also, but again not sure if these are a rubbish quality mug.

We use the Rioch printer and inks, and the inks are pricey! anyone know where they can get these inks for under £60 an ink?

Lastly, paper - always used epson inkjet paper (not sure of exact model) from ryman's, I realise he has probably always been paying way too much for paper especially being from a high street store so again, any pointers on a good quality paper for a decent price would help.

Thanks all :)

John G
03-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Welcome to the forum - The mugs from BMS & Xpres are brilliant, ebay and you have to be careful who you buy from and double check them for dishwasher proof/safeness. For paper I use Xpres or Xpres paper through BMS - its excellent for mugs but others have their favourite paper too! Your not going to find the Ricoh inks any cheaper I'm afraid - well I haven't found any yet.

Cheers John

Justin
03-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi there and welcome to the DSF!

You'll probably find the answers to your questions already available in the forum categories, otherwise please feel free to post within each section. It may be better to keep your questions on seperate threads or response can become very lengthy and sometimes confusing :-)

Justin
DSF Admin

bms
03-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

nickohorny
03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks guys, will post on the other threads as suggested. Do you know what it means by RM coated mugs? thanks

Paul
03-03-2011, 09:34 PM
RN coated. one of the best dishwasher proof mugs.

noobie_uk
04-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Hi, welcome

SteveUK
04-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Hi and welcome aboard

Kaz
04-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Hiya and welcome.

You can the RIcoh inks cheaper than £60 each from RASmart, but only if you buy a full set, you can then get them for £224 + VAT, which works out at £56 per cart, they still charge £60 +VAT for individual ones though

Oisinkaieli
04-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Have been trawling through the web but no luck! Would really appreciate any help!

http://www.bagsoflove.co.uk/images/bags/handbag-personalized-bagsoflove_l.jpg

pitkin2020
04-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Have been trawling through the web but no luck! Would really appreciate any help!

welcome to the forum!!!

Oisinkaieli
04-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Thank you!! Do you have any idea where these bags can be sourced :-)

Andrew
04-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Don't look like a blank to me with eyelets and riveted handle. Preprinted before manufacture me thinks. A seperate thread in the correct category will get you better pointers.

Back to the OP - Novachrome mugs are perfectly fine if you are happy with them. They would be Rhino coated I believe which is the same as Xpres. If anyone is testing out new products I would always suggest to stick to mainstream suppliers in the first instance. You need to consider support you can get when trying new things as well which is where Novachrome fall down. Xpres are fine for this but BMS / Printerowners would always get my vote for testing the water on new products. A large range and decent pricing. TheTransferPress seem to be good too but haven't had much dealings with them. I don't like TMT personally but they might have some blanks worth seeing.

As a cheap paper that does a good all round job you can't beat Xpres brand (available BMS/Xpres). I would think you will find a decent difference between this and Rymans unless you stumbled upon a paper that is very similar.

Nick4u1
07-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the forum this place is loaded with lots of useful info!